• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Production Kugelfischer MFI Pumps

The time has come to overhaul my Turbo's engine (bearing material showed up in the oil), so I'm chasing down parts.

Although my Kugelfischer pump seems to be working just fine, I figured it only makes sense to bring it into factory specs while rebuilding the engine.  I have a tii pump overhauled by Precision which is outstanding, but I can't handle their lead times--measured in years.  The other North American shops don't inspire confidence, so I contacted Koller + Schwemmer in Nuremburg, Germany. koller.de

Their website, which has an English version, is awful, but I was surprised to discover that they are a wholly owned subsidiary of Bosch.  Apparently, Bosch sends them their tooling for obsolete fuel injection technology and gives them responsibility for product support.  Amazingly, they state that they will provide any needed component parts, manufacturing them on original tooling if needed.  They also offer BRAND NEW PRODUCTION fuel injection pumps!  For a price...

Pump overhauls are now handled by another firm in Hamburg.  They offer overhauls, which are priced individually depending on work required, and overhaul exchanges at a fixed price which is very competitive if your returned pump can be overhauled.  The overhauled pumps are accompanied by a performance report showing actual fuel flows at various conditions.

For all intents, this means we can get factory overhauled fuel injection pumps!  And new ones, if you'd prefer.

I don't want to post their prices publically, but would be happy to provide contact information for anyone interested.

Greg

January 30, 1973 Agave tii

April 24, 1974 Chamonix Turbo (German delivery)

Wes Ingram has rebuilt 7 turbo pumps for me.  Ingram Enterprises  (Wesingram.com)   They have been doing Kugelfischer pumps for Tii's for years. Wes and Herb have been doing Turbo pumps for me for about 15 years now.    

• Like 1

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

That looks like a CNC-machined copy of the pump body..... i guess there's a billet pump market.....

'59 Morris Minor, '67 Triumph TR4A, '68 Silver Shadow, '72 2002tii, '73 Jaguar E-Type,

'73 2002tii w/Alpina mods , '74 2002turbo, '85 Alfa Spider, '03 Lotus Elise