• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swap & Show 2024 Reboot on 13 July 2024 -   - 07/13/2024 12:00 AM

Event Title: Swap & Show 2024 Reboot on 13 July 2024

Event Location: 
Event Author: layers
Event Date: 07/13/2024 12:00 AM

On 4 May the rain came and the wind blew and 1.5 hours after opening for registration we closed Swap & Show 2024.  But we're rebooting on 13 July-- please add this to your calendar!  While we're still working out all of the details you can be assured that all who preregistered are automatically included and for the many of you who have yet to get your bag with Tshirt, hat, etc. we will have it for you there.  Those 4 people who have a golden ticket (you know who you are...), please bring the ticket with you.

More details to come, but make sure you mark this date!

Larry

Swap & Show 2024 Reboot on 13 July 2024

• Like 2

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

’73 Malaga— first car, now gone

'74tii Malaga

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone--

I've heard from a few people who want to confirm Swap&Show-24_REBOOT is still on (this Saturday at the Brisbane {Calif.} Marina).  I'm happy to say YES.  Those of you who preregistered please come and get your bag (unless you already picked it up on 4 May).  If you did NOT preregister you are welcome to simply come to the registration table, sign the waiver and pay the $30 fee (for either show, swap or swap&show in the parking lot).

See you there!

Larry

• Like 1

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'74tii Malaga

Anyone with photos of Swap&Show-24_REBOOT, please post them on [Photo gallery for Swap&Show-24_REBOOT].  This way they're all together for convenient perusing or to find them in the future with minimal searching.

Thanks!

Larry

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'74tii Malaga

11 hours ago, layers said:

Anyone with photos of Swap&Show-24_REBOOT, please post them on [Photo gallery for Swap&Show-24_REBOOT].  This way they're all together for convenient perusing or to find them in the future with minimal searching.

Thanks!

Larry

Hi Larry,

How do I add my pics into that gallery?  Do I just post up a reply and then attach the pictures or is there a different way to upload the pics?  Thanks,

John

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Hi John--

I looked carefully but I did not identify a good way for you or me to add photos to the album Bob setup yesterday.  In particular, from a level above that photo album (where you see all of the albums available in the "images"tab),  you can find a blue "Add Images" button near the top (you must be logged-in).  Clicking that button shows a dropdown menu where you can select the album from a list where you can post.  Although I see the albums I started and some that Steve Kupper started, I do NOT see S&S-24_REBOOT.

I'll ask Steve if there is a lock or other security we need to pass through before we have posting access.  As I noted before, event photos collected together makes it much easier to be comprehensive when we look back from the future.

Larry

• Like 1

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'74tii Malaga

Got it.

Images

Add Images

Use an existing album

Select from list of existing albums (once the new album shows up)

10-4

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Hi John--

Steve said today:

"By default, only the album's creator can add photos, but the creator can grant permissions to others. I just did that, so anyone can add more photos. Feel free to upload!  Go to the album and click "add images"."

When you go to the album "Bay Area 02 Swap & Show 24 REBOOT, July 13, 2024" now, there is a new blue "Add Images" button.  Post away!

Larry

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'74tii Malaga

Great pics, having gone to that event for about as long as it was an event - I miss not being able to go.  I was in the Bay Area last week M - Th but had to return hom.

For those (of us) that have work to do on our cars - and that would be me, it always served as motivation to get going.  

While it doesn't really matter, I did have to scratch my head a bit about the surrounding landscape - what the hell happened there.  Looks like an abandoned field.....dirt, dead grass, weeds, etc.,  I had to go back and look at some pics from last year....completely different.  It wasn't the infield at Dodger stadium but.......Hmmmnnn?

large.IMG_5639.jpeg.e836b96ed75faa24e6bfc75787ba8a7c.jpeg

Good point!  I didn't think of that.  I didn't go last year either......and just the few days I was in town last week it was hot as hell.  Still, nice to see all the great cars folks put so much of their time into.

I drove 250 miles to the show for my first BMW ever event. Nice people and cars. It was worth the trip and I look forward to next year. Thanks for all the effort the Bay Area Club went to. 

• Like 1