• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valve Cover Stud Extension

I had one of these snap on the threaded part.  I can't remember where I found these.  I use these to secure the loom tube I run the ignition wires through.

Let me know if you know where I can buy a couple of these.

Thanks 

Frau Blucher - 73 tii

Captain Biggles - 66 Triumph TR4a

I think he's describing a spacer with a threaded hole in the bottom and a bolt coming out of the top, to be used as a stand-off for the strap holding the loom.  A photo would be helpful.

If I'm envisioning this right, it wouldn't be hard to make a pair of them using double nuts and all thread.  The threaded part could be soldered into the nut, or glued in with loc-tite.

Okay, I googled up threads, images and part numbers.

This image came from the thread below it.

IMG_2428.jpg

Here is the part number 

13651353339 standoff bolt

Tom

Posted (edited)

Make sure that you add a washer under the riser or else it tends to leak oil.  I haven't added the washer yet on mine and it's leaked for a long time.  I'm going to add the washers (and DIRKO DAB) pronto.  Great tip.  This was mentioned in that other thread.

"The clamps fit very nicely around the Kingsborne loom tube, but the standoff bolt leaked some oil, doesn't seem to seal as well as the cap nuts.  Needed to add washer under the standoff (see photo)."

RiserWasher.jpg

A LITTLE DAB OF DIRKO on the cleaned stud will also help with any leakage. 

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️