• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RGB folks heading to Deutsche Marques in Hickory Corners, MI

Posted (edited)

I just booked a room for two nights at the Best Western Executive Inn in Battle Creek, MI. I booked it through Expedia.com. Address: 5090 Beckley Road, Battle Creek, MI 49015. It looks good and the rates are very competitive. Free Breakfast, lots of parking!

So, we will caravan north, using I-75 at first and then Route 66 and other byways to get to BC. Please let me know if you are interested in going so that we have some sort of head count. So far, it sounds like it's me, Mike Self, Brian Ach, & Dirk Rasmussen. You need to register for the event beforehand. Admission at the gate on the 13th of July is $20.

Franz2024VINTAGE.jpg

Edited by Jim_75Sahara
add data
  • Like 3

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

We have a great back roads (Route 66--that's Ohio Route 66) up through Ohio and southern Michigan farm country and small towns, partially paralleling the old Miami and Erie canal.

Not only is the show a good one, but if you've never been to the Gilmore museum, it has the most extensive collection of vintage cars since the original Harrah's museum in Reno, which unfortunately was broken up many years ago.  

Well worth attending, both for the camaraderie and things to see.

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

It's great to hear a group is heading up again this year.  I might be a bit biased on the Gilmore Car Museum since its 

only 25 minutes from my house and Justin and I Volunteer a couple days a week there. The Museum is as good as any auto museum in the country.  The DeutscheMarque Show gets 400 to 500 entrys of German makes.

Well worth the trip.

New additions this year include two Pavilions and a totally redone Carriage House with a restored 30 ft. Bar.

Carriage House

IMG_5138.thumb.jpg.11f4dc0dff289218439f066da87fdcda.jpg

Last years Show

IMG_4928.thumb.jpg.88fa2f22ee8416924ab57881395e8bf6.jpg

Justin hard a work

IMG_5013.thumb.jpg.f419734e45c56bb58b3eb4c2700b6a30.jpg

Yes, the bar is fully stocked and happy to serve you if the mood strikes.  

Love how your car is probably not even cooled off yet from Vintage, and you are posting the next event.  Life goals.  Good for you.

Scott

• Like 2

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Yes, I am doing the car events since my recent retirement. Finally went to the Cincinnati Concours in Ault Park once again. Parked the 2002 in the BMW CCA corral which was convenient and very good for visiting with other CCA folks. The theme this year was'La Dolce Vita', so Italian cars were at the top of the ticket. German cars were less well represented, but going to Deutsche Marques will cure that problem.

IMG_3400.jpg

IMG_3407.jpg

IMG_3408.jpg

IMG_3415.jpg

Edited by Jim_75Sahara
add photos
  • Like 1

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

• Jim_75Sahara changed the title to RGB folks heading to Deutsche Marques in Hickory Corners, MI