• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BODYWORK RECOMMENDATIONS

• 1 month later...

Thank you Gordon415 for recommending Roger Elle at European Enterprise in El Sobrante!

He did an amazing job repairing the front end of my 72 Polaris tii. 
He definitely knows everything about these cars . The repair exceeded my expectations and was done at a very reasonable cost.

I had also gotten quotes from panel craft in BERKELEY. They seemed more interested in maxing the insurance quote and definitely less knowledgeable about 2002s. 
They’re quote was considerably higher.

I really appreciate the recommendations  from folks before him. This is my first time to the 2002 FAQ forum. 

• Like 1

It's a bit of a drive for you, but Bart at The Resto Shop does very high end work, and pretty much only works on 2002s and classic BMWs

THERESTOSHOP.COM

The Resto Shop restores classic BMW 2002 model cars. Metal, body, paint, engine, suspension. Full restoration, partial restoration, custom fabrication.

He quoted some work for me and it was pretty reasonable.  

Engine bay OCD is a real problem

@02carbs 

Glad it all worked out for you. Roger at European Enterprise is great, as is Bart at The Resto Shop like Leucadian mentioned. Both of them have worked on my 2002 over the years and I’ve been nothing but pleased with both of them and their work. 

My 2002 was hit by a Tesla in February in Oakland and wasn’t drivable. I was able to get it towed to Roger and fortunately my insurance company valued my 2002 at over $25,000 and covered the necessary repairs. 

Roger went above and beyond. He is incredibly meticulous. Here are some before and after shots. (Trigger warning. The first picture still hurts to look at.)

IMG_4558.thumb.jpeg.b463adbe2bf61953992d0df8af6e0c70.jpeg

20240713_141803.thumb.jpeg.237d067dafbb9abf1bcf5c05b6ec1675.jpeg

Edited by gordon415
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, gordon415 said:

20240713_141803.thumb.jpeg.237d067dafbb9abf1bcf5c05b6ec1675.jpeg

Am sorry to hear of the accident but I must say the final result is stunning!

• Like 1

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!