• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just when you think it couldn't get any worse in California.

Just one more reason in a long (long) list of reasons I moved out of there, what a shit show.  Not to be a bummer but for those that live there it isn't going to get better, unfortunately worse - much worse.  Best of luck to all of you, stay safe.

• Like 1

In case anyone cares, many of us still love living in this state despite its faults. SoCal Vintage gets bigger and bigger almost every year. Last year we had 600ish cars?

Get behind the wheel. Go see the ocean. This shit doesn't cross my mind at all. Why is this thread not in the Offtopic section? It has nothing to do with 02s.

• Like 9

'68 Caribe 1600-1563167

2 hours ago, FunElan said:

In case anyone cares, many of us still love living in this state despite its faults. SoCal Vintage gets bigger and bigger almost every year. Last year we had 600ish cars?

Get behind the wheel. Go see the ocean. This shit doesn't cross my mind at all. Why is this thread not in the Offtopic section? It has nothing to do with 02s.

How did we fall into another trap of Mr. Zak. 

I love California also! Really a super cool state and still holds the highest number of 02s than any other state I visited in my lifetime. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Another off topic exercise in futility by our resident troll/ provocateur 

Zac/Milo/ Slavs whatever. Kick it to off topic curb where it belongs.

Edited by tech71
  • Like 5

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

On 5/29/2024 at 6:10 AM, markmac said:

Just one more reason in a long (long) list of reasons I moved out of there, what a shit show.  Not to be a bummer but for those that live there it isn't going to get better, unfortunately worse - much worse.  Best of luck to all of you, stay safe.

You can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave. 

Okay now kick this to the OT section

But what do I know

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 3:40 PM, tech71 said:

Another off topic exercise in futility by our resident troll/ provocateur 

Zac/Milo/ Slavs whatever. Kick it to off topic curb where it belongs.

Yes, kick it out to the "Off Topic" or "usher it out to the cornfield". But, you know, it has a lot to do with 02s because in the not so distant future and by the progression of this logic we will be legislated off the roads. Then you can just sit there and look at your car, caress it with adoration and affection. Yep ! Maybe they'll find a compromise and allow you to drive your 02 in its "Plain Jane" stock configuration with single barrel Solex carb. I can live with that, but most of you side draft testosterone junkies can't. And, then what ? If you don't follow the rules, the "Suede Denim Secret Police" will knock on your door; "Come quietly,if you please.......we've come for your uncool car........we'll crush and smelt it into a pot or pan so you can fry your meatless Vegan sausages.......close your eyes and shout ! California ! California uber Alles. Haaaaa! Ha! Ha! Haaaaa! Ha! Ha!

I think I'll move East and enjoy some good old fashioned moonshine and real meat sausages with the East Coast contingent. 

Anyways, I got to get out to my garage, fire up my cars and run them a little before the fuel turns to Jelly and the batteries go "South".

Then there is that broken heater box cable. I got to pull out the heater box and deal with it again, not fun.

Edited by Zak