• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bro deal or not?

I know that folks hate seeing a post where somebody asks "What's it worth".  To me all of this stuff is priceless.  I recently lost access to the free storage area where I've kept many spare parts and need to liquidate some of the bigger heavier items.  My goal is to give some "bro deals" to my friends in the community and not have to ship anything.

2 questions:

(1) Is $1200 a "bro deal" for a used Getrag 245 Overdrive these days.  Purchased from a reputable seller around 11 years ago and has been in a box ever since.  Used, never installed "Gambler" transmission no guarantees?

(2) Is $700 a "bro deal" for a used E21 3.91 Limited Slip Diff.  Purchased again around 11 years ago and in a box ever since.  Looks clean, never installed, no guarantees?

Be honest,  I know the old "We used to buy these for $50, blah, blah, blah"  Today's market.  I don't want to gouge anyone...  I'm bored on a business trip and would love to hear your opinions.  Flame suit on...  

• Like 3

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

My opinion for what its worth.

Those are realistic current "market value" prices. 

Have to sweeten them up a lot to qualify as "bro deals"

• Like 3

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, tech71 said:

My opinion for what its worth.

Those are realistic current "market value" prices. 

Have to sweeten them up a lot to qualify as "bro deals"

I value your opinion.  Would $1600 for the pair be bro?  

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

3 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Would $1600 for the pair be bro? 

Meh, cant do any better for your "bros"?😉

So I have no interest, just playing along

• Haha 2

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

Posted (edited)

Looking forward to the upcoming Bay Area Swap and Show Reboot on July 13th at the Brisbane Marina.  Not so much to share parts, but to be with the people.  Aloha,

John

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Those who know and really value these items used to buy them at Pick N pull or on Roadfly for $300, but that was before today's yoot's got in the game. Today, it's a reasonable price ( I would pay)  but the new guys have no money and are used to buying "real-real" items cheap off the internet & street from smash and grab shoplifters so they are entitled not to pay.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

But what do I know

As a self prescribed 'yoot', I would say that $1600 for the pair would absolutely qualify as a bro-deal.  For context, I think I paid $1,000 for my 3.91 LSD 2 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Engine bay OCD is a real problem

@02carbs 

16 minutes ago, Dudeland said:

Condition is everything.  Both could be junk. Make sure that the "Bro" is going to accept that fact. 

That's the main reason I like the idea of an in-person cash transaction.  Buyer gets to look, touch and inspect the parts before laying any money down.  Under the complete understanding that everything is sold as-is.  That's what I did 11 years ago.  And not having to ship is a win-win for both parties involved.  I really hate selling stuff.  It's not my thing.  I'm great at buying, not so much with selling.  Bro deals will be made, I guaranteeee! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

8 hours ago, JohnS said:

I know that folks hate seeing a post where somebody asks "What's it worth".  To me all of this stuff is priceless.  I recently lost access to the free storage area where I've kept many spare parts and need to liquidate some of the bigger heavier items.  My goal is to give some "bro deals" to my friends in the community and not have to ship anything.

2 questions:

(1) Is $1200 a "bro deal" for a used Getrag 245 Overdrive these days.  Purchased from a reputable seller around 11 years ago and has been in a box ever since.  Used, never installed "Gambler" transmission no guarantees?

(2) Is $700 a "bro deal" for a used E21 3.91 Limited Slip Diff.  Purchased again around 11 years ago and in a box ever since.  Looks clean, never installed, no guarantees?

Be honest,  I know the old "We used to buy these for $50, blah, blah, blah"  Today's market.  I don't want to gouge anyone...  I'm bored on a business trip and would love to hear your opinions.  Flame suit on...  

I will go for the LSD if you're willing to ship to NYC.  I have a UPS account if that makes it easier for you.  PM me

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, JohnS said:

That's the main reason I like the idea of an in-person cash transaction.  Buyer gets to look, touch and inspect the parts before laying any money down.  Under the complete understanding that everything is sold as-is.  That's what I did 11 years ago.  And not having to ship is a win-win for both parties involved.  I really hate selling stuff.  It's not my thing.  I'm great at buying, not so much with selling.  Bro deals will be made, I guaranteeee! 🤣

I am exactly the same way. I hate selling stuff, although,  with my project in the home stretch (interior going in soon), I have some extra stuff that I will move on to a deserving home. 

Living in Canada, it is much harder to do in-person transactions, and shipping is sometimes cost-prohibitive.  

P.S. My 123 is spoken for when I convert to wasted spark :)

Edited by Dudeland

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

Posted (edited)

I really didn't intend for this to sell the items, but both pieces are pending sale.  I guess my "Bro deal" meter was Okay.   I'll know for sure on June 15th at the upcoming Cars & Coffee event in Los Gatos.  I'll be a good boy and post all future For Sale items in the Classified section where it belongs.  10% of the proceeds from my sales will be donated to this wonderful FAQ.  Thanks folks,

John 

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 1

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

14 minutes ago, JohnS said:

I really didn't intend for this to sell the items, but both pieces are pending sale.  I guess my "Bro deal" meter was Okay.   I'll know for sure on June 15th at the upcoming Cars & Coffee event in Los Gatos.  I'll be a good boy and post all future For Sale items in the Classified section where it belongs.  10% of the proceeds from my sales will be donated to this wonderful FAQ.  Thanks folks,

John 

John,

I never heard from you.  What's the deal?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318