• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coolant temp gauge normal?

13 minutes ago, John76 said:

"Y not?"

This may be what @dlefebvre02 is referring to.

GroundStraponPod.thumb.JPG.a45806e4b6885118ac3bf29946696b95.JPG

When this happened to my car, the culprit was the ignition switch. Check the ground wire on the radio, clean your fuses (#3 & #4),

Then check the voltage drop between the #30 and R tabs on your ignition switch...and pray. Those switches are crazy $$$$.

That's not what I remember my instrument cluster looking like. Are late and early different? I ran a ground not to itself like here, but to the body. 

Regarding the voltage drop re:radio, the radio worked fine before all the new wiring so I'll check the new wiring first. 

• Like 1

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1986 e30 325es (sons car)

1972 2002tii (fun daily alternative)

16 hours ago, Pablo M said:

This may be what @dlefebvre02 is referring to.

Yes, @John76 was correct that is what I was referring to. That is definitely a much more elegant way than we ended up doing as well. Diagnosing some of these electrical issues occasionally makes me want to just strip everything off to the bare chassis and put it back together 😅.

• Like 1