• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What 2002 Parts to Stockpile

Tii Fuel Injectors. 

Just got an email from BMW Mobile Tradition that a set of four RECONDITIONED injectors can be yours for $3700(free shipping), 

If you need/want a set, do a search 'cause our FAQer, Paul Winterton(RIP), now his nephew, rebuilds 'em for a whole lot less.  

Mac. 

On 6/18/2024 at 6:22 PM, resra said:

Aaaaa...in todays world parts places are becoming greedy like grocery stores and landlords. Gone are the days of daily driving 2002s (with few exceptions). So parts producing companies have these money hungry production optimizing managers who are not necessarily car guys or 2002 fans. All they look at is the data at the end of the year?

Scott, how many starter for that ol BMW did we sell last year??? 

Scott says: 6 sir.

6??? Dang it.....discontinue! 

How many Honda civic starters did we sell Scott?

70 million....hmmmm....Scott....we know where we headed. 

Yep, too old to daily drive these now for most people. My current classic is an E30 325iX and even that is getting too old to damn old to daily - I’m thinking of selling the damn thing (mainly cuz I don’t like the color). If I ever get my hands on an 02 (ideally a Schwartz or Atlantic Blue one), I’d turn it into a show car (powered by an electric motor - it’ll cost a few arms and legs) only because of parts availability and parts quality has declined from what the guys on this thread are saying. Son of Marty told me parts availability isn’t too bad on 02s, but my guess here is he was speaking from a present day perspective.

As for parts suppliers being greedy, I attribute that to inflation (governments printing more money). Inflation causes prices in supply chains, real estate, and what not to rise, and that causes all sorts of penny pinching behavior across the board.

Edited by GasProcessor
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, GasProcessor said:

Yep, too old to daily drive these now for most people. My current classic is an E30 325iX and even that is getting too old to damn old to daily - I’m thinking of selling the damn thing (mainly cuz I don’t like the color). If I ever get my hands on an 02 (ideally a Schwartz or Atlantic Blue one), I’d turn it into a show car (powered by an electric motor - it’ll cost a few arms and legs) only because of parts availability and parts quality has declined from what the guys on this thread are saying. Son of Marty told me parts availability isn’t too bad on 02s, but my guess here is he was speaking from a present day perspective.

As for parts suppliers being greedy, I attribute that to inflation (governments printing more money). Inflation causes prices in supply chains, real estate, and what not to rise, and that causes all sorts of penny pinching behavior across the board.

Not to distract anyone from the original post or deviate from the topic, whats happening now in this economy and so many others is greedflation. Yes inflation was what started genuinely after the pandemic began and supplychain disrupted and inflation began but supply chain issues long resolved soon after vaccines were invented and lockdowns takenaway. Then came greedflation.

If you notice, All aspects of price hikes or mostly on basic necessities. From rent, mortgage, gas, food, insurance, health care, medications, clothing etc. etc. All aspects of basic necessities and then some. Is the rich suffering from inflation? no. Its the middle and poor that is the hardest hit.

Very good friends of mine I see weekly one of them works for a bank and says you can't imagine the dwindling balances on majority of customers and huge credit card balances with high interest rates are more common than ever.

Second good friend is a district manager at one of those grocery chains. He says corporate office sends him daily emails to increase prices on almost every common commodity. He is so disgusted. If people collectively dont change the spending habit, im afraid this greedflation will be here to stay. No amount of federal reserves patch job can stop this. Who do you think suffers the most from high interest rates? Not the cash heavy filthy Riches. Who do you think is benefiting most from all this high interest? Where do you think these high interest rates going to on daily basis, monthly and now yearly?

Ok I will stop now before I start sounding like Zac 😂

Edited by resra
  • Like 3

Don't forget that now after the pandemic it cost 10x as much to ship a ocean container than before, I guess while we were all in lock down Asia and Europe were moved farther from our shores.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944