• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to BMW and 2002

Yes I am 60, recently retired and this car is my retirement gift to my self.   I moved to my native home in Puerto Rico. I started looking for a project car and the 2002 was high on my list.  I found one locally and I am about to embark in getting to know the car and and getting it road worthy.

i will have questions and can use the help.

ivanIMG_4885.thumb.jpeg.1b8125b3c4938ac69229119c133c2cf8.jpeg

• Like 15

Welcome!

You’ll probably want to reach out to let @HarryPR know. He tries to keep a list of all 2002s on the island.. There’s also several other xxxxPR 02ers on here too. They can likely point you to local events/parts/vendors/etc. too…

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/topic/242543-found-tii-2782125-today/

As a newbie, be sure to browse the FAQs great resources in the Articles section. ( History & Reference is a must).

Enjoy retirement and the 02!

• Like 2

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Welcome aboard the faq train, nice looking 74 car, you'll find answers to all questions here.

• Like 2

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

I couldn't think of a better gift to oneself, retired or not! Congratulations and as others have noted, the FAQ and its members are an amazing resource!  All the best.

• Like 2

'72 Malaga 23Mar1972

'72 Malaga 11Jul1972
'09 Impreza
'11 Specialized hybrid

What a beautiful place to have an 02! Congrats on the retirement, the 02 will bring smiles!

• Like 1

Hacker of many things... master of none.

Gunther March 19, 1974. Hoffman Motors march 22 1974 NYC

Congratulations on your retirement and purchase. The people on this site will be able help you through any issues you might have with your new retirement gift.

Bill 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ivan PR said:

I need to learn the car

History & Reference section has a complete 2002 Repair Manual ;)

Chapter 7, Brakes (incl handbrake adjustment) & Chapters 17/18 Gear Selection/Gearbox….

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/articles/technical-articles/history-and-reference/bmw-2002-service-repair-manual-r247

• Like 1

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Welcome to the '01 family! This is a source of near limitless information and good quality banter. And Puerto Rico is beautiful! Enjoy the process. 

• Like 1

Bozeman, MT
1971 Colorado Orange 2002

PEH_5055.jpeg

All of us who live in salt country and have experienced the damage the tinworm can do, and thus are seasonal 02 drivers envy your year-round use.  However, the salt air near the ocean (and PR is very near the ocean!) can be nearly as destructive, just in the opposite direction:  road salt rusts from the bottom up; coastal air salt rusts from the top down.

Regardless, you have a great way to occupy your time--and simultaneously have fun doing it--with your 02.  Don't be shy about asking questions of the FAQ; there's a tremendous corporate knowledge here, and lotsa folks eager to help you out.  

Welcome to the 02 fraternity/sorority!

mike

• Like 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite