• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 3 way return valve fuel 1973 BMW E10

Go to solution Solved by Mark92131,

Trying to sort my new to me 02. Changed the carb to a 32/36 and a 1234. I thought about doing an electric pump. After reading all the different thoughts on the subject here on the forms, someone said,' Why don't you use the stock pump?' to someone in the chat. I thought about that and thought that is true. Why not. So I have a new pump on order but I cannot seem to find the 3-way vacuum valve that returns the fuel to the tank.  Does anyone have one? Can you even buy parts to rebuild them if needed? I guess if you can't find a good one or parts, that could drive me to have to go electric. 

I have done with different hot rods that I've built for myself is put the pump in the tank. I personally do not want to hear them or feel them. Plus they cool so much better. 

While I am asking where can I find the white plastic filer that goes between the tail pan the license plate light? Does anyone repop these? Thank you 

IMG_3076.jpeg

IMG_3077.jpeg

• Solution
5 minutes ago, oldbugr said:

Does anyone have one?

Post an Ad in the Classifieds "Parts Wanted" section, someone will have one.

10 minutes ago, oldbugr said:

where can I find the white plastic filer that goes between the tail pan the license plate light?

I haven't seen the thick ones, but RogersTii sells a replacement.

WWW.ROGERSTII.COM

BMW 2002 License Light Base

Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

Board member 78mintgrun'02 I believe is using a jeep fuel filter that has a bypass built into it, many members with the Weber carb have eliminated the return and done fine that way.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

You can also put a 1/16" restrictor onto the return line-

that's enough to prevent deadheading and overheating,

but not enough to rob the carb of fuel at high draw.

I have seen only one of those valves- and it was shot.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

The return valves are not rebuildable. If you find one it will likely be shot. 

The 76-77 jeep CJ filters are a good alternative thanks to Tom's r&d....

Hacker of many things... master of none.

Gunther March 19, 1974. Hoffman Motors march 22 1974 NYC