• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you all save your old parts?

Posted (edited)

And no one is talking about the crazy amount of nuts, bolts, washers, etc. that we keep because it’s not like that replacement  M6 8.8 20mm bolt is readily available locally 😂

I know mechanics keep buckets of that stuff so they don’t have to wait for a delivery of something they may not have new on hand, thus keeping the cars moving thru the workshop. But I -  like I assume many here - have gazillion of these used items hanging about but can’t let go of them … my wife thinks it’s a disease 😏

Edited by zambo
  • Like 6

Ummmmm,  because you just never know...

17199314307018548949933667777153.jpg

• Like 1

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

Like I'm sure many others on here, I'm a big hoarder when it comes to all my project cars. Anything that might still be used/serviced, I keep. These cars are old, and you never know what random part you might need down the line, or what you'll need in a pinch to get your car off the side of the road.

That being said, it can easily go too far. I've bought several project cars with a trunk full of random parts, not knowing which are good and which are not... ends up causing more headaches than they're worth. 

I say, if it's unlikely to be used again, and doesn't have any collectors value, trash it. 

• Like 1

Toyota AE86 x 2

83 AE72 Wagon

Current project - 71 2002ti

Instagram @ae86corollavirus