• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weber Progressive Carb Questions

Go to solution Solved by VWScott,

Ok so I am at the point of starting car(yay!) anyway last light I primed the carb(electric fuel pump) and wanted to make sure I filled the bowl with gas before attempting to start. I have a brand new 32/36 from Ireland Engineering. So i actuated the throttle and noticed only the primary was getting squirt and since there are two throats I assumed both get a squirt depending on how far you push the throttle. This wasn't happening. So I took carb off the car and partially tore it down. In the first pic you can clearly see that only one is drilled. Is this normal? It looks like the other is a dummy. In the second pic I marked the squirter red on the primary and the secondary is unmarked. Only the red side gets squirt. Is it just that you get an increased amount of squirt depending on throttle position? I'm not sure what to make of this. Thks in advance

CARB1.jpeg

CARB2.1.jpeg

'67 Derby Grey VW Beetle

'76 Inka BMW 2002

That's normal for a 32/36--only the primary barrel gets a squirt from the accelerator pump; the way it's set up, the second barrel doesn't even begin to open until the primary barrel is about 75-80% open, so that extra squirt isn't really necessary.

On 38/38s both barrels open simultaneously so both nozzles work.  If you install a "Synch-Link" on your 32/36, part of the kit is a two hole nozzle.  You can by a two hole nozzle as a spare part, but unless you are gonna make that second barrel open sooner, it's not really necessary.

mike

• Thanks 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

This is normal on a 32/36 Weber!

Only the primary gets a squirt from the accelerator pump.

The dummy nozzle into the secondary is for a synchronized type of throttle (such as a 38/38) instead of a progressive throttle.

• Thanks 1

Since John76 and Mike agree and said same thing I guess this case is closed. Time to put back together. Thank you gents.

'67 Derby Grey VW Beetle

'76 Inka BMW 2002

• Solution
16 minutes ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

Did you write down the jetting information while you had it opened up?

IE wrote it down on the box when they sent it to me.

• Like 1

'67 Derby Grey VW Beetle

'76 Inka BMW 2002