• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone fitted a Southern Rods Aircon system?

FYI, when i was planning my AC, i bought the Mini-Kooler AC unit. It fits perfectly and doesn't interfere with the glove box. In the end i didn't use it because i didn't want to build a custom console. But size wise, i think its the best choice for a custom unit for the 2002.

10.5" across and 8.5 Inch deep.

There are 2 versions, a hidden version with vent pipes and a under dash version you see the unit.

WWW.SOUTHERNRODS.COM

All New Mini-Kooler Under-Dash AC ONLY Unit Product Description: NEW!! This Air Conditioning unit is A/C ONLY. Smallest unit available on the market for A/C! Small in size, BIG performance. Super high output, dual fans. Universal fit for many makes and models. Includes wire harness...

WWW.SOUTHERNRODS.COM

All New! This Air Conditioning unit is A/C ONLY. Smallest unit available on the market for A/C! Small in size, BIG performance. Super high output, dual fans. Universal fit for many makes and models. Includes wire harness and switches.  10.5" Long 8.5" Wide 4.5" High ADD Billet...

1976 BMW 2002 Chamonix. My first love.

1972 BMW 2002tii Polaris. My new side piece.

On 7/12/2024 at 12:11 AM, Highnote1 said:

And….some SEM trim satin black paint to get rid of the chrome!

How far off are you from buying the small vents?  As I have to import from USA and expensive postage I was hoping you might be able to physically try these for size, so I know if they fit before I buy?

Regards Mike

14 minutes ago, Mike Rowe said:

How far off are you from buying the small vents?  As I have to import from USA and expensive postage I was hoping you might be able to physically try these for size, so I know if they fit before I buy?

Regards Mike

I can grab em. I have my dash here so nothing stopping me. I’ll order here in a sec. 

• Like 1

I am ordering these. I think they will work and I’ll get em in a few days as this company is in town. And…matches my center vents. I think coming in from front…they should wedge in nicely. 

WWW.SUMMITRACING.COM

Free Shipping - Vintage Air Standard Series Louvers with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Interior Vents at...

image.jpg

I bought two of the vents to give it a shot. It will depend on how they fit and if I can get that much ducting ran  under the dash. With having two, I have to have a splitter piece down there too. Summit is close by if I need to do a return or two. 

• Like 1

Looks like they were always there.  Great job. I imagine the driver will now get plenty of air from these two, let alone the console vents as well.  I think you have sorted everything now.  The compressor should be straight forward.