• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

50th Birthday today

Another couple of years, the newest 2002 will hit the half-century mark...and it doesn't seem that long ago we were celebrating the first ones turning 50.  

Congrats from one original owner to another Original Owner😁

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

My '74 is 2781840 so she must have turned 50 without me taking notice.  I know I have my information from Andreas Harz somewhere, but like most things I put it in a very safe place and therefore will never be able to find it again.   I'll crack a beer to celebrate now ☺️

• Like 2

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

BTW, I was tuning the Weber on my '76er, and a guy drove by in a M3. He stopped to admire my car.

He was much younger than me, and mentioned his generation is now transitioning to the BMW 2002's!

Good news for the forum!!!!

John

• Like 1

Mine was manufactured on June 28th 1974 and delivered on July 3rd 1974 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City.

As a birthday day present I began major surgery.

It's getting a full rearend refresh with a few while I'm at it items thrown in. I'm replacing all the rear suspension bushings, installing rear disc brakes, aluminum radiator, ceramic coated header with 02 bung for afr sensor, custom exhaust, and new 15" wheels.

• Like 3

The best part of the rear disc on a street car is you'll now have a real parking brake, just might come in handy in San Fran.

• Like 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

14 minutes ago, Son of Marty said:

a real parking brake, just might come in handy in San Fran.

Reminds me of my dad who was parked on this street and when he opened his trunk, a bowling ball rolled out all the way down California Street...into a cable car! 

SFSteepHill.jpg.dfa40190d20723938adbb2efd8339d4d.jpg

• Haha 4

Another congratulations from an original owner to you, Original Owner!  My '74 is VIN 4227463.  It was manufactured on 5/6/1974 and delivered to Hoffman Motors on 5/9/1974.  I apologize to my car for forgetting its birthdate until now.

However, my '74 did achieve another important milestone recently.  On my return home from the Brisbane Swap & Show 24 REBOOT event, it turned over 200,000 miles.   The original engine was replaced at 195,330 with a Metric Mechanic motor.  It's kinda weird thinking I've had this car for over 50 years.

20240713_171533.thumb.jpg.284ec615b13090e8c3585155b51f3d02.jpg

• Like 2

Bob

BMWCCA #4844 (#297 of The 308)

1974 2002 Sahara, MM 2400 Rally engine, MM 5 speed and conversion

1976 2002A Anthracite parts car

1991 525i AlpinweiB II

2002 330ci AlpinweiB III

2007 530xiT Titanium Silver