• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New / Old favorite shift knob (screw on type)

Mine came with the original screw on knob, which I really liked (top picture)...except I have a 5spd with the "click-on-and-notch-on-top" shift lever.  Spirited driving led to firing the knob into the back seat more than once.  

Replaced it with an OEM e21/e28 mushroom-head (bottom pic) for the reasons @JohnS notes.  Just fits the hand and driving experience for me.

IMG_1515.jpeg

IMG_3531.jpeg

Edited by JKKH

John

1973 Nevada 2002 - 2023 CCA Classic Car Raffle car

Other - 2022 V60CC, 2014 B8.5 S4, 2003 TJ

Past - 1996 318ti, 1999 323i, 2004 X3 (with 6-spd manual), 2007 328i (spt pkg), 2015 XC70, and a whole mess of GTIs in the old days.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, DieselOx said:

Yep. The knob on it is so chalky it looks like it will fall apart. From the pics it looks like it had the pattern embossed, but barely legible, thought I was imagining it.

OK, so that's settled then.

Walloth & Nesch sells the CR 5-speed knob too.

CloseRato5Knob.jpg

https://www.wallothnesch.com/en/manual-transmission/bmw-1502-2002-turbo/catalog-picture-23-15.html

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 3

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

14 hours ago, TobyB said:

There's a big chunk of aluminum I've been tripping

over in the barn, recently...

The only thing I'm not so keen on with Aluminum is Cold in the winter, Hot when car is left in the sun.

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

9 minutes ago, JohnS said:

The only thing I'm not so keen on with Aluminum is Cold in the winter, Hot when car is left in the sun.

no denying that

'67 Derby Grey VW Beetle

'76 Inka BMW 2002