• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JAPANESE engine in GERMAN car?

That's one thing about the 02 it's platform lends it self to many mods fairly easily, I've seen big and small block Chevy's small block Fords the aluminum 215 Buick Honda motors a electric motor and many more.

• Like 2

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

6 minutes ago, Son of Marty said:

That's one thing about the 02 it's platform lends it self to many mods fairly easily

I don't see many Concourse Stock 02's in the wild very often except at possibly Legends 

No photo description available.

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

15 minutes ago, chargin said:

HAHAHA

You guys are great, if you really want to throw a fit you'll see it was a freshly built Tii prior to the swap 😍😂

If you decide you want to sell the tii engine let me know. I know someone who needs a good running tii engine. 

55 minutes ago, resra said:

If you decide you want to sell the tii engine let me know. I know someone who needs a good running tii engine. 

I sold my motor with all my  Tii bits including 5 Speed, Exhaust and cooling for right about $12K in under 4hrs 

The motor build was done locally at Steves machine so selling it was super easy, Built motor with rebuilt K-Fish and 123 ignition, Built motor with rebuilt K-Fish and 123 ignition 

I used those funds to pay for the Honda build 

Edited by chargin
  • Like 6

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

I put Japanese plugs in mine.

Murrikun valve springs.

Italian ignition parts.

A French thermostat.

BMW's parts are coming from all over China now.

hmmm...

t

xenophobia is so 20th century

• Like 4

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Generally not a fan of cross-brand swapping. But the JDM guy in me thinks this is cool as heck. Must be a hoot to drive, and probably sounds incredible. N/A, rev happy, 4-banger sticks to the heart of what these cars are all about.  ITBs would be even more insane. 

Curious if you had to make any cuts to the chassis to make it work?

• Like 1

Toyota AE86 x 2

83 AE72 Wagon

Current project - 71 2002ti

Instagram @ae86corollavirus

3 hours ago, 72MetallicMalaga said:

Was that down at Reyn? Missed that one this year...

this was in some way too hot neighborhood in LA called aracdia at event put on by heritage gruppe

WWW.HERITAGEGRUPPE.COM

Heritage Gruppe is a multifaceted automotive company focused on the art and design behind car culture. We offer private car storage, host automotive events and help collectors auction their unique vehicles. Visit our website to find out more about our famous "White Glove...

• Like 1

18' Racing Yellow 911 GT3
71' Agave Green 2002
10' Silver Landcruiser 200 series
10' White Landcruiser Prado 150 series

On 7/22/2024 at 4:32 PM, Son of Marty said:

That's one thing about the 02 it's platform lends it self to many mods fairly easily, I've seen big and small block Chevy's small block Fords the aluminum 215 Buick Honda motors a electric motor and many more.

Worst one I saw was a gm 2.2l 4 cylinder out of a pontiac Sunfire. The radiator hoses added up to atleast 5 ft since the motor came out of a fwd car. It was also a 1976 car in California, but didn't have a BAR sticker. The Seller couldn't understand why nobody responded to his $12,000 dollar craigslist ad, lol!!!!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 2002iii said:

Worst one I saw was a gm 2.2l 4 cylinder out of a pontiac Sunfire. The radiator hoses added up to atleast 5 ft since the motor came out of a fwd car. It was also a 1976 car in California, but didn't have a BAR sticker. The Seller couldn't understand why nobody responded to his $12,000 dollar craigslist ad, lol!!!!!

Now this one I would make fun of. Whoever did that should have known better! 😂

• Like 1

On 7/22/2024 at 5:38 PM, chargin said:

I sold my motor with all my  Tii bits including 5 Speed, Exhaust and cooling for right about $12K in under 4hrs 

The motor build was done locally at Steves machine so selling it was super easy, Built motor with rebuilt K-Fish and 123 ignition, Built motor with rebuilt K-Fish and 123 ignition 

I used those funds to pay for the Honda build 

If you don’t mind me asking, what did the rebuild cost you with the work at Steve’s? I just sent my pump to Fairchild and I’m thinking of more haha