• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mystery Starter is this a BMW starter ?

Starter was in 2002 BMW parts box, maybe a later model starter 318i 325i, no markings no stamping only one ink stamp looks like  "OCT", no Make Model Number no Serial number nothing, did not disassemble because it operates when power is applied. Can this starter be used operate a 2002 engine on a engine stand to check oil pressure.

IMG_0265jpg.jpg

IMG_0266jpg.jpg

IMG_0268jpg.jpg

IMG_0270jpg.jpg

IMG_0267jpg.jpg

Edited by fredhamm

There are quite a few threads on these things (including one about 3 weeks ago); you need to check there first. Also, post JPG pictures, as the HEIC from your iPhone doesn't play nice with the webpage. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

I’m gonna say it’s not like any 02 starter I’ve seen. Looks to be a full-size body, not the smaller SR440/441.  The original Bosch full-size starter is approx 10 1/4” in length, not as short as this.

It might fit M10 if it turns CW, has a 9-TootPinion and 104mm center-to-center mounting holes…

• Like 1

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Photos updated.

Also thanks for dimensions, checked starter it has 8 tooth and 109mm center to center mount, so not compatible, appreciate the reply information provided. Thanks i will use that info to try and identify the starter.

• Like 1