• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Retainer clip under rear seat …?

I’ve just completed the loom re-wrap and everything is connected and nicely square away in the boot/trunk. 

This retainer - it initially seemed like it might for the loom but it’s off to the left of the natural path it should take … noting there is a seatbelt anchor point nearby but I’m pretty sure I can work the bolt and plate around the loom if I decide to add three point belts to the back. 

Also at about “11 o’clock” to my index finger, I’m not sure what that’s for … on the other (RH) side, it’s corresponding location is of course just one of a few clips that support the fuel line before it enters the trunk. 

Thanks for any suggestions/advice. 

IMG_7360.jpeg

Looks like the loom should turn away from the seatbelt mount along the "floor" and under the retainer your finger is on, then thru the other unused clip and back to the top one to give the seatbelt retractor room.

• Like 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

4 minutes ago, Son of Marty said:

Looks like the loom should turn away from the seatbelt mount along the "floor" and under the retainer your finger is on, then thru the other unused clip and back to the top one to give the seatbelt retractor room.

Thanks SoM 

I don’t think I have any length in the loom to do that. The loom is neatly in its clips - not fully clamped as yet - and line’s up everywhere in terms of connections in the trunk.

That exposed (male spade) lead (maybe used as fog light in applicable latitudes) is just in the trunk past the hole from cabin to trunk. So I’m pretty sure that’s located correctly. 

The loom run from the firewall is pretty straightforward and doesn’t have much I can see to give. 

I’m just getting my morning coffee so will re-engage with it when I get home. 

As I think I’ve remarked before, take the whole front and rear subframes off and refurb, not an issue. The fiddly stuff, can steal so much time away. 

On any three point belts I might put in, the retractor would go to the parcel shelf. That point originally held one half of the lap sash belt on that side as originally fitted here back in ‘73. 

Yes, it makes a loop so the seat cushion frame won't crush it...

t

• Like 2

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

54 minutes ago, TobyB said:

Yes, it makes a loop so the seat cushion frame won't crush it...

t

Toby thanks - so just the first retainer - correct. Not the one off to the upper left as well?

I believe the clip your finger is pointing to is for the translucent fuel line--note the small round hole in the vertical trunk separator wall just to the right of your finger. 

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

3 hours ago, Mike Self said:

I believe the clip your finger is pointing to is for the translucent fuel line--note the small round hole in the vertical trunk separator wall just to the right of your finger. 

mike

Hi Mike - this is on the LHS … my fuel line runs down the RHS. The hole to the right is threaded for the seat belt bolt. 

Oops...looked like the right side corner.  Not having ever delved into one, I don't know if the fuel line runs down the left side on a RHD car...but probably not.

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

4 hours ago, Mike Self said:

Oops...looked like the right side corner.  Not having ever delved into one, I don't know if the fuel line runs down the left side on a RHD car...but probably not.

mike

Same as U.S. cars Mike - the wiring is also virtually identical as well, as you’d expect/know.

The wiring around your cluster has to reach a little further on our RHD’s … pedal cluster and dash sure they change. But if you were planted in front of a RHD car Mike to work on, you’d  be right at home.