• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Used Lowering Springs, 2 sets: IE and AST Progressive

Price: $300

Description:

One set front and rear AST progressive Lowering springs (red).  From Bluntech's webpage, "Spring rates of front 45NM Rear 60NM. 50mm drop front and rear, gives a better stance than some other popular springs. Great handling while maintaining a comfortable ride, especially when paired with Bilstein B6".  I ran these for just over a year.  They are just slightly softer than the IE SII and also slightly lower.  See the images for my car with these installed, 195-50-15 tires and three dot upper spring pads in the rear.  $300 plus buyer pays actual shipping cost. 

One set front and rear Ireland Engineering Stage 2 sport springs (black).  From IE's website, "IE Stage 2 sport springs lower the car about 1.5 inches. We designed these to be more aggressive than other available springs, about 30% stiffer than our Stage 1 spring set. We get lots of requests for auto cross or ‘track’ springs that are 5″ diameter to fit the stock perches without modification – these fit the bill. Very firm, but not excessively harsh for the street. Bilstein ‘Sport’ shocks are recommended."  My car handled like a go cart with these.  Stance was low but not as low as the AST springs.  $200 plus buyer pays actual shipping cost.

Note from IE, "There will also be slack when the car is off the ground (especially in the front). THIS IS NORMAL. These springs are physically shorter than stock so when the car is up in the air they will be loose however, once on the ground they will not be coming loose (Unless you’re Thelma & Louise). Some people, especially racers, will use safety wire to keep them in place when the car is on the lift."

I used safety wire to keep top and bottom in the seats (struts only).  It's not a big deal and easy if you do it while you are changing the springs. Track picture is the car with AST springs.  Both are available for pickup in or near Reno NV or I will ship at your cost.

AST Lowering Springs.jpg

IE Stage II.jpg

AST spring front.jpg

AST spring rear.jpg

Safety wire.jpg

Stance with AST springs.jpg

• Like 1