• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I find out my 2002 original car build?

Used to be a free email, now it costs money. You could start by providing the vin here and members can help with some of the info.  You can also plug it into realoem.com and it will give you build month and model.

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive

1 hour ago, visionaut said:

Mike - there’s a few places on the car you can probably find original paint, that’s typically missed in a repaint…

Like under the open the open glove box or the backside of the rear seat bulkhead.

• Like 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

The exterior color largely dictates the interior color. Factory records, even if you pay 120€ for them, will only show the exterior color.

Below, from a 1974 paint and upholstery brochure, is a concordance of exterior color with the most likely interior color: Black, Marine Blue (navy blue), Nylon Brown (beige/tan), and Gray.

There are sufficient U.S.-spec cars represented on this forum for our members to comment on “other combinations”, when the factory default color was not used. For instance, Gray was rarely provided on U.S. cars and Black was often substituted for it. Or… 1975-76 U.S. spec Fjord cars generally came with Marine Blue interiors, but more than a few arrived during these later years with Nylon Brown interiors.

So unless your car has previously had an “every-nut-off, every-wire-out, rotisserie” re-paint, tell us the original exterior color you find in your sleuthing, as well as the color of any remaining bits of original interior, and we’ll tell you what interior color is probable.

Regards,

Steve

IMG_1396.jpeg

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)