• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window mechanism broke. Please help identify this part

I was rolling up the passenger window yesterday (which has been feeling notchy and bad lately) and the window stopped rolling up. Handle just spun freely. I took the door panel off and discovered this broken shaft on the center of the spring. Does someone know what this is or what it is called to get a replacement? Also I would like to go through the whole mechanism and lube it and replace other wearable parts so any recommendations for this process is appreciated. And the lock plunger has never worked well so at the same time I would like to fix that up. Any advice would be great! Thanks much

Cheers

Travis

If you want to repair that broken part (the pot metal pin in the center of the spring) PM me--I wrote a column on how to repair a broken lift mechanism...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I just replaced both of my window regulators with MVP repops  ... and have reasonable-condition original regulators "just sitting here"

may be easier (?) then repairing them ... 

happy to pay it forward for the cost of shipping and a six pack?

• Like 2

1970 1600-2 VERONA conversion at Moment Motors

1 hour ago, Geoff Raynak said:

happy to pay it forward for the cost of shipping and a six pack?

You could pay it forward to me!  My passenger side regulator let go the other day.  PM me!

Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)