• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Water return pipe to Kugelfischer area?

Go to solution Solved by kbmb02,

That doesn't look familiar... 

others will correct me, but it looks a bit homemade.

t

free bump!

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

is that bolted to the block or is it welded to the water pipe?  There is a tab on the water pipe that is bolted to the block in that location and this looks like something that was stacked on top of that tab and secured with the same bolt.  It almost looks like a dip stick bracket off of a carbureted car.  I'm fairly sure it does not belong there.  

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

Did the car originally have plastic runners,  they did have some bracing to hold the throttle body maybe left from that.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

I looked on my '74tii and it has a similar bracket that I think connects where the WUR connects to the Kugelfischer pump.  Sorry hard to see and even harder to take a pic of it.

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 1

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

10 hours ago, Preyupy said:

is that bolted to the block or is it welded to the water pipe?  There is a tab on the water pipe that is bolted to the block in that location and this looks like something that was stacked on top of that tab and secured with the same bolt.  It almost looks like a dip stick bracket off of a carbureted car.  I'm fairly sure it does not belong there.  

The bracket is bolted to the block and stacked on top of a welded support for the return pipe. The pieces are separate.

11 hours ago, Son of Marty said:

Did the car originally have plastic runners,  they did have some bracing to hold the throttle body maybe left from that.

The runners I have are plastic, I assume original.

Thank you times a million for the pic @kbmb02 and thank you everyone else for all the input. Time to go hunt down that other piece 🕵️‍♂️