• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 BMW 2002tii for sale

Jared

Price: $29000

Description:

Link to my Craigslist ad:

SFBAY.CRAIGSLIST.ORG

1972 BMW 2002tii with the mechanical fuel injection system Roundie with the nice small bumpers and turn signals. I have owned the car for 17 years and do not have the time that it deserves so it is...

1972 BMW 2002tii with the mechanical fuel injection system
Roundie with the nice small bumpers and turn signals.

I have owned the car for 17 years and do not have the time that it deserves so it is time to sell.
Garage kept, runs well as is. It could use suspension refresh (bushings etc).Polaris Silver- repainted about 12 years ago, looks good from 10ft (a nice polish would help), but has flaws. Have a new carpet kit included as well. No rust on shock towers, has rust bubble spot on the passenger front fender that could use attention (pictured), and spare tire area has rust (not spreading, replacement available). Some surface rust in other areas like bumper, but nothing serious. Could run as a daily driver now or put in some time and $ to get it very nice. I started taking interior apart to put in new carpet, but have not completed and will be leaving new carpet for buyer.

Here is youtube link of the car that my friend and I did about 10 years ago for fun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_nJgj-ayno&t=25s

Modifications:
Upgraded transmission 5 speed unit from a 320is
Bilstein HD shocks (older now)
Lower trim line removed when painted
Eibach springs
Suspension Techniques sway bars, front and rear
Polyurethane bushings (older now, could use replacement)
14x7 wheels
Front air dam
New carpet kit included with purchase, (I started to rip out old carpet)
5 speed swap
Cloth bucket seats (unsure if Recaros or not)
6 Series rear seats - look sportier, need to be mounted after carpet installed.
Battery relocated to trunk for weight distribution

Extras included: spare set of front calipers, limited slip rear end and axles from 320i (not installed), new car cover, extra belt line trim and random parts.

Horn is disconnected - was sporadically honking when turned. Likely a worn connection in the steering wheel hub.
Windshield wipers disconnected - relay switch was keeping them on.

Prefer local Bay Area sale - Reach out for any questions.
$29k

Edited by Jared
  • Like 1

Jared

www.DrivingWhileAwesome.com

'72 tii

'00 Tacoma PreRunner