• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share your Engine Bay OCD!

9 hours ago, markmac said:

Bravo Ken,,,,, and I went to the trouble of finding good quality ones that had just the right amount of patina that essentially matched the originals, most of which (the originals that is) came with the car......hmmmmn.  Not a big fan of AN fittings and such but it is what it is and probably more appropriate on cars raced in the US.

Thanks. Though I had a handful of washer tanks - from off-white to brown - the owner of the car preferred new/white. And yeah - we chose the classic Earl's red/blue AN fittings. Q: What would a 'non cars raced in the US' use? -KB

13 hours ago, chargin said:

The journey:

Day 1 off the flatbed 

IMG_7356.thumb.jpeg.032206ff3488f54979bcc9af4b398c48.jpeg

Fresh top end and Weber for the first drivable version

IMG_7357.thumb.jpeg.af50e1203cab395f0c773c5a33440e0e.jpeg

Tii clone conversion 3 years in

IMG_7359.thumb.jpeg.1f23c53d5371a4e7ddd7e682006eb40a.jpeg

First F20c motor swap

IMG_7360.thumb.jpeg.c4a3b10aa1f9c8ec1ac9055d7fc5466b.jpeg

10th anniversary with a Bensons Engineering built forged internals F20c

IMG_7361.thumb.jpeg.fabba6d376c48b2d28a6944686690200.jpeg

It’s been a very fun adventure 

Nice documented evolution! Beautiful!

• Like 4

Hacker of many things... master of none.

Gunther March 19, 1974. Hoffman Motors march 22 1974 NYC

1 hour ago, kbmb02 said:

Thanks. Though I had a handful of washer tanks - from off-white to brown - the owner of the car preferred new/white. And yeah - we chose the classic Earl's red/blue AN fittings. Q: What would a 'non cars raced in the US' use? -KB

I don't know really.  I know from all the period pics of my car (Plus the Schnitzer Gr. 2 and GS car), they didn't use any fittings (red/blue) or hose like the ss braided hose .  On street cars, offhand I would say 'cohline' which produced (and still does) quite few options in metric hose + fittings.  

This is one of the DS hoses from my car, "Aeroquip", its rubber but braided.

PXL_20240824_155136920.jpg

• Thanks 1

I agree with @markmac.  Looking through my collection of vintage engine pics, I see some fittings at the endings, but the hoses were almost always black (likely reinforced internally vs the shiny exterior wrap).

AN fittings are mainly a US thing. 

They are based on a US military-derived specification from World War II, agreed upon as a joint standard by the Army Air Corps and the Navy, hence AN, and why the original colors were red & blue…

Tom

Edited by visionaut
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Don't get me wrong, I think Rial's Hyde Park is a work of art really - the level of restoration done across the board on that car is very high.....and I think one of the most impressive things is that he drives the car, and it would seem by in large it has a very high reliability level.  Let's face it, its no fun to pay thousands of dollars to go to an event and have your car break.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dudeland said:

Who makes it? 

Uh mm what you mean? Pump is Pace (UK) and oil pan is from ARE (USA) with my own coarse filter screens. Moroso drive gears. A talentent friend made the oil tank w/baffles and flange to Tii crank hub. Then I kinda tinkered it all together.

• Like 3

2002 -73 M2, 2002 -71 forced induction. bnr32 -91

15 hours ago, kbmb02 said:

When I restored the Hyde Park #34, the goal was to get it close to a period-correct race car look (including using a windshield washer fluid bottle as an overflow tank). -KB

What else...
Lighter than Aluminium crap and you can see when it's full

• Like 3