• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share your Engine Bay OCD!

2 hours ago, uai said:

IMG_2571.jpeg

IMG_2570.jpeg

Oh, why didn't you say so?  I will pick one up next time I am at the "Unobtainium Store", along with 245 layshaft bearings and perfect OEM NOS dashes.  LOL :)

All kidding aside, what a wonder bit of history there.   Enjoy !!! 

I will have to rely on an Accusump. 

Regards

• Haha 1

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

3 hours ago, uai said:

IMG_2571.jpeg

IMG_2570.jpeg

Funny, I had one that looked pretty much just like that....magnesium body and magnesium pulley, then traded one of these (Heidegger Pump.....I wish I hadn't) for a NOS Alpina pump....Alpina Pumps are really, really good.  Heidegger pumps are better.  Magnesium also....then traded the Heidegger for an NOS Alpina pump.  I'll use that on my back-up motor.....all good.

Alpina DS Pump - Mag.jpg

Heidegger DS Pump - 1.jpg

Edited by markmac
  • Like 4

Ok, I'll play this game. First photo scanned from slide(35mm old school) in the 80's and the next almost 40 years later. A few changes over the years but only upgrades and such, we all know that game and the stories we tell.

2002earlyM10003.jpg

newairbox015.JPG

• Like 8

14 hours ago, joysterm said:

Mike Joy engine install and ancillaries, fall 2017 (31).JPG

@joysterm what did you use to mount those relays? I can’t quite make it out and I’m looking for a solution to mount the additional fuses and relays from the Koito H4 upgrade I just installed.

1971 Fjord Blue BMW 2002

1984 Black Mercedes Benz 300TD

Right after I installed the Solexes, before the Uni filters went on. Lotsa elbow grease…

261B19CA-4CB6-454A-8A55-FEFA60F5807A.thumb.jpeg.23a6199df8c6adae63ddf21e0f73a314.jpeg11CA1CA8-F807-4FEC-B066-C3085B027EE7.thumb.jpeg.9ed257cca0e9a4ac2bc836a3860e582f.jpeg

• Like 16

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

16 hours ago, John76 said:

Here's my '76er with Weber carb (pic #1) and with original air cleaner (pic #2).

R.engineNoAircleaner.thumb.jpg.56cd56e63dff60dd318c8e68875ad90f.jpg

R.Engine.thumb.jpg.2fce66cc9330094b0073b6d3e7216ae1.jpg

Wow John... reactor manifold, vacuum switches, charcoal cannister... fully original! Not often you see an 02 in such fine original nick. Kudos sir!

• Like 1

Hacker of many things... master of none.

Gunther March 19, 1974. Hoffman Motors march 22 1974 NYC

59 minutes ago, OldRoller said:

Wow John... reactor manifold, vacuum switches, charcoal cannister... fully original! Not often you see an 02 in such fine original nick. Kudos sir!

His car being a 1976 in California He needs all that junk to pass the smog test every 2 years!!!!!

9 hours ago, mmaaaaaxx said:

@joysterm what did you use to mount those relays? I can’t quite make it out and I’m looking for a solution to mount the additional fuses and relays from the Koito H4 upgrade I just installed.

The piece was fabricated by Midnight Motorsports, Patrick rewired the car so he takes all the credit.. I will take a closeup and DM’d you later today..

regards

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OldRoller said:

reactor manifold, vacuum switches, charcoal cannister... fully original!

Thanks @OldRoller!

Living in California with a '76er requires a biannual smog test.

No problem passing as long as I keep all the emission equipment intact.

John 

• Like 1