• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Single circuit master brake cyl

Here is what I did on a 68 build date 2002.  Search part numbers to help you find what might work on an NK.

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2024 at 2:01 PM, Hans said:

Did I see mention of an early seven series cyl that might work with 2000 system?

Are E21 calipers similar to 2000 single circuit?

Hello! You’re probably talking about my NK. It’s a 68 2000 with early e23 front calipers. Just like a 2002tii, 2000 NK’s utilize a 3.5” caliper bolt spacing. Therefore, e21 calipers will not work (unless perhaps euro 323i calipers?)

e23 calipers are a direct bolt on, however vented rotors will be required unless you want to remove the factory spacer in the caliper. I used e9 vented rotors. Hope this helps!

Aaron

IMG_3298.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2024 at 5:51 PM, Pastelblue'02 said:

Hello! You’re probably talking about my NK. It’s a 68 2000 with early e23 front calipers. Just like a 2002tii, 2000 NK’s utilize a 3.5” caliper bolt spacing. Therefore, e21 calipers will not work (unless perhaps euro 323i calipers?)

e23 calipers are a direct bolt on, however vented rotors will be required unless you want to remove the factory spacer in the caliper. I used e9 vented rotors. Hope this helps!

Aaron

IMG_3298.jpeg

Thanks for info. Sorry for delay - I was away. What did you use for master?

On 10/3/2024 at 1:39 AM, Pastelblue'02 said:

E21 single line master cylinder!

Does it have three outlets? Does sedan have the rear brake modulator?

On 8/24/2024 at 9:06 PM, HBChris said:

Here is what I did on a 68 build date 2002.  Search part numbers to help you find what might work on an NK.

Hi

I assume those are 2002 caliper bolt spacing (i.e. not tii)?

18 minutes ago, Hans said:

Smaller diameter than CS. Brakes work OK?

Yes, the brakes are outstanding. Considering how much larger the pad is, and that the calipers are now 4 piston instead of 2, and the rotors are vented instead of solid. The car out brakes most any other car I’ve driven! Far better than any of my previous 02’s with factory brakes.

35 minutes ago, Pastelblue'02 said:

I’m pretty sure the e21 master is the same diameter as the original master on my 2000. I’m not sure what a cs master cylinder looks like, but this is the factory 2000 sedan one.

e21 vs 2000 sedan

IMG_2829.jpeg

IMG_2843.jpeg

Thanks for getting back. How many inlets do the E23 calipers have?