• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 1600 Patina HR

maharaja

Price: $100

Description:

1967 1600 with many original details and some desirable period after market components.

I purchased the car on the West Coast where it was originally delivered. It is loaded with dings , dents and worn paint. Original components include, nose trim, steering

wheel ( not  mounted}, euro rear plate holder and lights, red tail lights ,front grilles, swan neck mirror (clean spare included).

Desirable period components include; 5 - 5.5 Alpina steelies w/ CN36 185/70’s, a 1600 GT wood wheel , period Recaro aftermarket one piece seats from a 914, Alpina Shift knob, Fiamm air horn, and a Vintage BMW Club grille badge

The engine is a replacement 2.0. We purchased and stored in WA and over the course of a few years toured from North of Vancouver BC, Western WA, Idaho,the entire OR coast|, to Ft Brag ,Ca, To Reno, Tahoe,over to Las Vegas, through Death Valley and ending in Ensenada, Baja California, MX. The car was dead nuts reliable.

if a hotted up motor was added, it would be lovely. Or just keep it as is as a C&C cruiser. It is the car that I wanted, back when they were new

IMG_9657.jpeg

IMG_9656.jpeg

IMG_9659.jpeg

IMG_9618.jpeg

IMG_9613.jpeg

IMG_9611.jpeg

IMG_9605.jpeg

IMG_9604.jpeg

IMG_9593.jpeg

IMG_9584.jpeg

IMG_9576.jpeg

IMG_9575.jpeg

IMG_9572.jpeg

IMG_9573.jpeg

IMG_9580.jpeg

• Like 5

Thanks for the positive comments. This car has been a time traveler for us as we toured through 6 western states plus Canada and Mexico from 2017 up to Covid. It ran with out a hitch and we have great memories

with it. Out ownership has been as trouble free as a Toyota.

To answer a few questions, the engine is not a 2.0 but a 1.6 with slight mods 9.0 Comp, 284 cam, a Weber 38/38

and IE Pertronix. The subframes are later model, E21 front calipers,Bilsteins HD’d and cut down Suspension Techniques. Hydraulic clutch , 12 volt so a bit of a a parts bin mix.  We had some rust repair and minor mechanical work done when  we first took ownership.

‘Definitely not a lawn piece, but a driver and a car to clean up and make continuous minor improvements.

if you like shiney and new looking, there are other choices. But it has Wabi Sabi in 5 gals. I like the fact that it was delivered to California during 67 “The Summer of Love”” ( I wonder if it was running through The Haight…) I digress.

The CN36’s look just right, with the Alpina’s and slightly lowered posture 

The tires were purchased from Longstone and installed 8/2019 and have plenty of life.
may

I am having some issues with PM’s so here’s an email address:  liz_01945@yahoo.com

• Like 2