• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Granada Red Ti vs 72 Ceylon Gold Tii

Please help me decide which car to buy:

Option 1: 1972 Ceylon Tii. This one is local and I've seen it in person. Recently listed on BAT but didn't reach reserve. I'm in contact with the seller and he is willing to let it go for 37.5K Below is the link to the BAT:

BRINGATRAILER.COM

Bid for the chance to own a 1972 BMW 2002tii at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #158,173.

Option 2: 1971 Canadian Market Granda Ti. This one is currently listed in the classifieds for sale by Ron. Here is the link:

The Ti is a few thousands more and is in Indiana so not local (SoCal) to me but it looks really well sorted and Ron appears well trusted around these halls. \

Which one would you reach for? Help me decide please.

Hands down the 2002ti
Not only it’s in better shape but also taking into consideration that model was never sold in the US. Every dang 02 gathering you will go to will have tons of tii and etc etc but you probably be the only one in a ti. 
It’s priceless. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I vote the gold 72tii. Its in perfect drivers condition, ready to tear up the back roads. If you get a car that is super rare, you might not drive it. Plus the gold color will stand out where you go. 

Having the ti would be cool as a second 2002.

• Like 1

1976 BMW 2002 Chamonix. My first love.

1972 BMW 2002tii Polaris. My new side piece.

2 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Hey, if you've got that much money too burn, why not buy both 😆  I vote the 2002ti

Haha I considered both but the wagon of my dreams in purple!!! Came up for sale and I couldn't say no! 

The crowd has spoken. TiNA is coming home and will be featured as my wedding car! 

Thank you all for your wonderful input. 

4 minutes ago, resra said:

Purple? Tina? Is it that NK in the end?

Sorry in my excitement left a few clarifying details out. 

For years I've been wanting a Daytona violet E34 M5 Touring and after a long wait I finally came across one imported from Belgium. 

And so choosing between the Ti of North America (TiNA) and the Ceylon Tii, I chose TiNA. She will be the car dressed up for my upcoming wedding. 

• Like 2