• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 euro 2002tii 2700056, first day of production

Price: $10000

Description:

This is an announcement that this car will be up for auction without reserve on Bring a Trailer.com by about October 10.

In order to post this, the 2002faq site requires a specific price, which is, obviously, impossible with an auction. I’ve shown a fictional $10,000 just to fulfill that requirement.

Basic information on the car, until recently licensed as “Munich” in Oregon, will be found in the registry on this site under 2700056. 

I hope that the car, in my care for more 33 years, will go to a member of 2002faq who will love it as much as I have.

Hi Les,

Like many BMW owners, I wrote to the BMW Archive to learn the date of manufacture and original color of my car. Andreas Harz wrote back on October 27, 2022, saying:

“BMW 2002 Tii VIN 2700056 was produced on April 15, 1971 and delivered to the BMW branch in Hamburg on April 15 [later corrected to April 16], 1971. The original color was Colorado, color code 002.”

I followed up with a second question, regarding the date of manufacture of the very first tii, VIN 2700001. On February 5, 2023, he responded that he could not provide more specific information because I was not the owner of that car. He could however, report that:

“No date is recorded in the delivery book for number 001. The car must have been built in February at the latest. Two other cars are entered into the delivery record with dates prior to April 14, one of them in March. One can, however, rely on the statement that April 15, 1971 was the first day of full production. A great many cars were built on this day.”

I wrote in German and he responded likewise. These are my translations.

That's all the info. I have.

Best wishes.

• Like 2

On 10/1/2024 at 10:30 PM, schuetz1619 said:

Hi Les,

Like many BMW owners, I wrote to the BMW Archive to learn the date of manufacture and original color of my car. Andreas Harz wrote back on October 27, 2022, saying:

“BMW 2002 Tii VIN 2700056 was produced on April 15, 1971 and delivered to the BMW branch in Hamburg on April 15 [later corrected to April 16], 1971. The original color was Colorado, color code 002.”

I followed up with a second question, regarding the date of manufacture of the very first tii, VIN 2700001. On February 5, 2023, he responded that he could not provide more specific information because I was not the owner of that car. He could however, report that:

“No date is recorded in the delivery book for number 001. The car must have been built in February at the latest. Two other cars are entered into the delivery record with dates prior to April 14, one of them in March. One can, however, rely on the statement that April 15, 1971 was the first day of full production. A great many cars were built on this day.”

I wrote in German and he responded likewise. These are my translations.

That's all the info. I have.

Best wishes.

Interesting. Thanks.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17