• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

10 awg (4mm) green w white stripe wire source?

I've been working on other things hoping to trip across some 10 gauge Green with white strip wire to upgrade the feed to my new fuel pump. That hasn't happened, has anyone else found a source? I've checked the different suppliers that have been posted here in other threads. 

Thanks, 

Barrett 

Koboldtopf - '67 1600-2

Einhorn - '74 tii

44 minutes ago, BarrettN said:

10 gauge Green with white strip wire to upgrade the feed to my new fuel pump.

A 10 gauge might be a bit of an overkill for a fuel pump. Is your battery in the engine bay, and electric pump near the tank?

What amp fuse will be used? Striped wires come from a fuse. Solid wires go to the fuse from the the power source.

12 or 14 gauge should be more than adequate and much easier to find in the color codes you are looking for.

• Like 2

This will work:

WWW.BRITISHWIRING.COM

BritshWiring is your complete source for wiring harnesses, components and accessories for your classic car...

Current: '75 verona 2002Tii Lux “Lecco”

Retired: '67 chamonix 1600-2, '69 tundra 2002ti-ed, '74 chamonix 2002, '75 anthracite 2002

==> Contact me if you need a tii or turbo CSV harness - I make a really accurate repro <==

It has been suggested many times on here to up size the fuel pump positive wire and add a dedicated ground (vice the one shared with the taillights). I was planning to do the same on my tii.

Also I did a dedicated ground for the fuel sender and it took care of the gauge pulsing with the turn signals.

Project: 1974 BMW 2002 tii Malaga

Daily: 2006 BMW 330Ci

I'd also thought that 10 gauge sounded over the top, but Einspritz (who I respect as very knowledgeable) recommended a minimum of 12 gauge and Swiss 2002Tii had first hand experience experience with undersized wiring not being up to the current draw of the 5 series pump.....

My battery is in the stock location, I'm putting in a 5 series fuel pump - and sticking with the standard 8 amp fuse

Edited by BarrettN
  • Like 2

Koboldtopf - '67 1600-2

Einhorn - '74 tii