• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a tii?

I can see it has a tii brake booster and the mounts for tii air filter canister.

The most important mechanical fuel injection are missing.

Looks like a engine swap because the front lower timing cover looks like it is for a carburetor equipped car.

Edited by Henryn02

what is the VIN?

Check the disc brakes for Tii,  Wheel bearings/spindles are sorta hard to examine at this time, but they are different too.  Are theTii fuel lines still there under the car or are they for an 02 running thru the car?

Edited by jimk

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

This is the one in NH, yeah?  I remember seeing it on the New England 02 Facebook group.  I recall it also has a late model front grill, indicating a likely accident and repair…hence missing snorkel.

i agree with others, just check the vin (in all locations as NYNick suggested.  I vote for tii.  I think it’s for sale by a BMW speciality shop with decent reviews, so they oughta know and the air filter bracket is good evidence too.  Either way, the car has a story to tell after 52 years!

• Like 1

The air intake brackets are enough for me to say the body was originally a Tii. They don't look new or added. 

Probably an engine, dash and who knows what else was swapped. 

The VIN will tell all. 

Jason

• Like 1

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

52 minutes ago, HobieDog said:

This is the one in NH, yeah?  I remember seeing it on the New England 02 Facebook group.  I recall it also has a late model front grill, indicating a likely accident and repair…hence missing snorkel.

i agree with others, just check the vin (in all locations as NYNick suggested.  I vote for tii.  I think it’s for sale by a BMW speciality shop with decent reviews, so they oughta know and the air filter bracket is good evidence too.  Either way, the car has a story to tell after 52 years!

Yes it's in NH.  

It's listed as a '74, which I think have the later style front grill?

2 hours ago, gschwell said:

Not sure about the fuel lines, would they be visible in these photos?

Yes they cant be seen, but I don't see any nor do I see any of the clips that would hold the lines.  The lines would be running just inside the driver's side along the floor from just ahead of the rear subframe and shift to the engine bay at the pedal box.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Trailing arms are not boxed, can't see any evidence of a fuel pump bracket although the picture is dark, my guess is its a 02 that has had the front end either clipped or with a tii left front fender grafted on. I see no evidence of the cutout that holds the front fuel filter. on the other hand the tii booster is a plus. I think a first time buyer of a 02 I would get a know 02 mechanic give it a pdi, well worth the money IMO.

• Like 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

2 hours ago, gschwell said:

Yes it's in NH.  

It's listed as a '74, which I think have the later style front grill?

It's not a 74, roundies (tail lights) ended in 73.

Edited by rbuike