• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Undercoating ??

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.m2002tii.net

I used Würth undercoating on my tii. I first primed hole underside of car, painted it with carpaint, sprayed on the undercoating and then finished of with another layer of paint. I´ll be damned if its gonna rust after this.

What code does it have? Würth have the following produkts (or more) for undercoating:

not overpaintable:

0892072 Underbody sealant spray (special spraygun)

0892074 Underbody sealant paint-on

0892079 Vax underbodyseal spray (special spraygun)

overpaintable:

0893075 Underbodyseal spray (special spraygun )

0892071 Underbodyseal spraycan

And remember, use in WELL ventilated area.

Guest Anonymous

I'm ready to spray undercoating on my newly refurbished rear wheel wells, but I'm unsure of the product I purchased from Eastwood and am wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this product or has used the Wurth product. Are they one in the same? This is a black asphalt looking product, that looks more like something you would put on after painting as opposed to prior to the final color, as the factory did.

Thanks to anyone who can help

Just don't want to mess up all this hard work.

Guest Anonymous

once it dries, nothing will take it off!

It's latex based so cleanup is pretty easy. I bought a cheap Harbor Freight undercoating spray gun. The Wurth bottle has some sort of funky metric thread so I used a hunk of duct-tape to hold things together. Much better than spending $$$ on a special Wurth spray gun.

Cheers!

John N

Guest Anonymous

Another option you can consider that I'm considering:

RHINOLINER... the truck bed lining stuff.

It's pretty cheap, it's flexible and there aint' much of anything that can damage it. Perfect for underneath side of your car.

Anyone else considered this?

Keith

Guest Anonymous

You can call wurth they do sell direct. I ordered some stuff from them a couple of years ago. Look at www.wurthusa.com for their info.

Guest Anonymous

second best is their petro-based underseal, this does not build quite as well, but is excellent for just "refreshing" whats already there, provided you didnt strip the entire underside...