• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

front vibrates when braking

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have replaced rotors on both sides a few months ago figuring that I had warped rotors, but the car still shakes whenever I use brakes. The shake comes from front, not rear. The steering wheel also shakes. It seems to shake more when braking at high speed. what could that be? what should I check? Tie Rod? Thanks.

Guest Anonymous

tire back and forth and I did not feel any movement or slackness with the bearings, so I take bearings are O.K.?

Guest Anonymous

I think its more personal choice. I have NEVER had a problem with Brembos and I buy ATE when I cant get Brembo and I cant recall any major issues. Stay away from Mintex or OP parts!!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

I'd pick Balo as the top brand, and Brembo near the bottom.

Brembo 02 rotors are popular because of the association with the brand's prestige calipers & racing parts, and the fact that they are amongst the least expensive on the wholesale market (for older BMW & VW.) While all of the 02 rotors are similar gray cast iron material, the Brembo tends to get "lot rot" quicker (red rust on the surfaces) and worse, when run harder/hotter, they seem to pick up a transfer of pad material in a more uneven manner (this is felt as brake shudder.)

IIRC, Balo is one of the only German brands that uses their own foundry to cast the blanks for the old parts of the catalog (like making 02 rotors.) Balo rotors perform very well, I prefer theirs over ATE brand. Zimmerman & Brembo are less desirable, IMHO.

I'm basing this on personal experience and observations of these brands performance on both street & track, but there's many folks in the trade that can cite similar stories. Your results may vary !