• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ok guys LOL, one more thing I ran a second ground

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

from the alternator to the frame that took care of the melting problem. But now it starts right up and then as soon as I let the switch go it stops. I have looked at everything that I can see I dont see anything wrong expect that my cold start valve is not working (but that only aids on the start) which already does fine.

Any good ideas or bad ones

I want this thing running today damn it

TIA

Guest Anonymous

These are the switching wires that keep the engine running, if they are not connected properly your engine will keep doing what it's doing. The tab that these two green wires go to on my car is at one o'clock looking at the terminals on back of the ignition switch.

HTH,

Elliot

Guest Anonymous

when you start, there is a relay that bypasses the ign. coil ballast resistor. May the resistor is broken, or the wires to it are loose or broken? You could try shorting out the resistor temporarily to see if it will stay running.

Shouldn't be the fuel injection system, as that is all mechanical. If it stops instantly when you let go of the starter, I'd say it's ignition/electrical related.

Gil

72 Tii