• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's so great about Momo steering wheels anyway?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

We've got a collection of various wheels now from parts cars and elsewhere. The leather on the Momo ones just doesn't last. I've got an old Formuling France one, and the leather (genuine simulated leather??) on it is in great shape. The same goes for a Raid one we've got too. At least there's lots of Momo wheels and hubs out there if you really need or want one.

I really don't know what the appeal pf them is though.

Gil

72 Tii

Guest Anonymous

Well, the Momo Alpina that I bought was probably the best bang for the buck that I've done on my car yet. Definitely $100 well spent. It doesn't feel like a school bus anymore. And grippy as hell :)

matt

Guest Anonymous

of being associated with the Prancing Horse. On the plus side, they can be pretty cheap, about $150 brand new for a Monte Carlo w/hub. But yeah, the leather does tend to get really hard. Like plastic. Although I've never seen one that has been taken care of from new, maybe they'll last longer if they're cleaned/conditioned regularly.

Hoa

'72 Golf

Momo Grand Prix (wood)

Guest Anonymous

Excepting the relative quality of the wheels, MOMO has historically demonstrated commitment to motorsports past and present and has been O.E. on numerous Ferrari models. I too am less than impressed by the durability of the leather and have recoiled in horror at the sorry examples of older wheels posted on eBay. We've all viewed otherwise delectable Alpina wheels gone to seed for want of a durable leather. I do like the quality of the spokes and the black anodized finish of the same, whereas my older Jacky Ickx Momo wheel is holding up following an intensive effort to ensure its survival with hide food, etc. Will my wheel have holes bored through the leather wrap at 10:00 and 2:00 o'clock in five years time? Who knows! Regards...

Mike Kotwick

'74 Malaga

Guest Anonymous

That's not it, looks like a new class wheel, early style. The ti sport wheel is leather (or whatever) wrapped with metal spokes inspead of plastic, same size as standard 02 wheel. COol pic who is that?