• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ITG Air Filters ...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/z3-coupe/forum.php?postid=312363&page=9

Ha, this is a debate that goes on forever, yet no one really seems to know the answer (at least it seems that way to me). I guess it comes down to: what fits? The benefit of the ITG is that it draws in air from all sides (including the top) and the same can be said of Ram-Flos, Uni sock filters, and the Lynx filters. K&N does have some tubular filters (with angled flanges to clear brake boosters) that will draw in air through the end caps, but these are for limited applications (which may or may not work depending on your airhorns; you can find one that might work with a larger diameter flange than your horns, but you'll need to step down that gap with something; I used a piece of cut water hose from a domestic truck. Works fine.)

Guest Anonymous

The smallest thickness JUST provides enough room to clear the stock brake booster. In fact, my booster and filter touch. The limiting of space really sucks with that booster there. The thickness of my ITG element is maybe like 1 1/2 inch. I can only wonder that if i removed the booster and put on a thicker element, that throttle response would be greatly improved. The reason I like the ITG filter, is as Hoa mentioned, you can breath through the top. However, I think it is one of the MOST expensive elements there is. Mine was $120 for JUST the filter, NOT including the backing plate, which is around $80.

Trent