• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodbye guys!!...this is John Weese

02fanatic

I'm sorry, but I just can't deal with this new format. I've really tried. Speed is horribly slow on my dial-up at home, the login doesn't seem to work half of the time. I screwed up everybody's posts with my "huge" Avatar pic (or whatever the heck you call it), and I just don't "GET THIS STUFF!"

Only solution, is to get on with my work, etc. I can't waste anymore time trying to "communicate" on this list. It simply isn't worth it.

I belong to a Jeep Forum also, and it is amazingly similar to this new format...I don't like it! I always enjoyed this list immensely, until now.

Maybe I'll try again if I grow more barins or the "process" is made much simpler for those of us without the computer "geek" mindset! :-)

Happy '02ing,

John

'72tii "Hugo"

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yikes...how expensive is it to get cable or dsl connection?

There is good deal here, i got a 300k connection download (10m) for 20$/month...

I worth it i guess ;)

Maybe its time to move on John !!

I dont find it slow here, not at all.

Pat Allen

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

I love the FAQ so what can I do about it? I hope I don't sound low tech but I really hate this "glitzy" type of forum layout myself. Extra features ARE nice but harder to navigate. On the simple list I could pop on a couple of times a day, scan for topics that interested me, reply (or not) all in a few spare minutes. I'll still be here but only time will tell if I'll be able to participate as much as I otherwise might.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Guest Anonymous

slow, slow, so don't say that will help any. This new forum SUCKS big time, I waste way too much time here that I could spend more productively elsewhere, at least with the old forum I didn't feel that way. Wish something would change....soon......very, soon.

Just because we drive old cars doesn't mean we have to use old internet technology.

I think this new board is fantastic, it looks great, is more organized, and I haven't experienced it being slow at all. I've accessed it from 4 or 5 different computers in just since it started, from my house, to work, to my friends house and it's always been fast.

Leaving the board because it's too hard to figure out an avatar picture seems a little trivial to me. It's frusterating to learn new things sure, but anyone who can rebuild his own car can figure this out. Especially since we're all friends here, and there's plenty of help to be found.

I guess I'm a little sensitive because I also build websites, and I appreciate that steve and company did this completely for our benefit, not for their own benefit or for money--this was charity on their behalf. It's hard enough when people in my company say my work sucks, but when people you are trying to help say that about what you did with hours and hours of your precious free time . . . well, it's hard to put words on that feeling.

I love the new site. It's like an O2 with an s14: faster, sleeker, more modern and gets better mileage (when metaphors fall apart . . .).

Thanks stevek (and all the others who helped that I am forgetting now), it was incredibly nice of you to guys to put this place together.

I guess it also irks me when people announce their leaving the board--just a pet peeve of mine I suppose.

Your post wasn't really pretentious, John. I don't mean to rag on you. You were just stating why you won't be around. But I remember when Keith made his 'great exodus' which was nothing more than than him saying that he was going to punish us by removing his prescence, which I found to be about as arrogant as could be.

Ok ok, sorry to be another long-winded, pedantic, internet soap-boxer. Just was inspired with something to say.

Just because we drive old cars doesn't mean we have to use old internet technology.

I think this new board is fantastic, it looks great, is more organized, and I haven't experienced it being slow at all. I've accessed it from 4 or 5 different computers in just since it started, from my house, to work, to my friends house and it's always been fast.

Leaving the board because it's too hard to figure out an avatar picture seems a little trivial to me. It's frusterating to learn new things sure, but anyone who can rebuild his own car can figure this out. Especially since we're all friends here, and there's plenty of help to be found.

I guess I'm a little sensitive because I also build websites, and I appreciate that steve and company did this completely for our benefit, not for their own benefit or for money--this was charity on their behalf. It's hard enough when people in my company say my work sucks, but when people you are trying to help say that about what you did with hours and hours of your precious free time . . . well, it's hard to put words on that feeling.

I love the new site. It's like an O2 with an s14: faster, sleeker, more modern and gets better mileage (when metaphors fall apart . . .).

Thanks stevek (and all the others who helped that I am forgetting now), it was incredibly nice of you to guys to put this place together.

I guess it also irks me when people announce their leaving the board--just a pet peeve of mine I suppose.

Your post wasn't really pretentious, John. I don't mean to rag on you. You were just stating why you won't be around. But I remember when Keith made his 'great exodus' which was nothing more than than him saying that he was going to punish us by removing his prescence, which I found to be about as arrogant as could be.

Ok ok, sorry to be another long-winded, pedantic, internet soap-boxer. Just was inspired with something to say.

I was waiting for someone to write this so I can say ditto. Ditto, ditto, & ditto. Steve K & Co, keep up the good work & great effort. Like everything else in life, there will be bugs & hiccups. Just be patient

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

Stop being babies and get with the program we are in 2005 not '90's..........or not fine.

sorry if that's harsh......

exactly my thought, we were the only forum i have ever seen (remember i wasnt surfing the web right when gore developed it) every forum i go to uses this software or similar.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on