• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodbye guys!!...this is John Weese

02fanatic

Guest Anonymous

I am 'up to date', have computer savvy, have tried this new forum on a T1 and a fast DSL connection, work on computers constantly, belong to other forums and I'm not a whiner. AND i really appriciate the time and effort given to this new forum. AND agree that glitches are being worked out, so speed and such may improve. However, so far my comments are similar to others that don't like the new format. It is more cumbersome and slow for the way I use it... searching very often and quickly throughout nearly every day. I will still use it for it's a great resource and I'm not into the chat aspect of this forum anyway. That's my opinion in case the moderator is checking this particular thread for feedback. I think a lot of the new features are cool... I just don't need them... I like quick and simple, like my 02.

If you can even read this post.... i can't read half of this thread for the text is cut in half.

Truly, thank you for your efforts guys, I really appreciate the time you've spend... hope this all works out.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey

Im really sorry to see you gone.

As many of you know i havent really been on the forum lately like i used to. I used to have posts on everything, but i had slowed down, But i couldnt stay away. I really dont like the new forum too much but this update is much better than it was.

Ima stay but im sad to say i think may will be leaving.

I think the old Style was out of date but i think thats why it was soo good.

Just what i thinkl

Sorry to see you gone man

I will truly miss you and the beauty

cya

Darius

72' tii Polaris

74' 2002 White

M20 swap soon Hopefully

what a crybaby....you can work on an old bimmer...but you can't figure out a simple web forum....you're a major dis to the guys doing this

asta lueegie mr maturity

Hey man

Are you a new guy??? because it doesnt seem like you know who you are talking to. Have you seen his car. well i dont think the new way is that great either, and im not no maturity guy, im only 16,

I dont mean to be mean but dont dis John like that. He knoes his stuff and deserves a nice goodbye

Darius

72' tii Polaris

74' 2002 White

M20 swap soon Hopefully

what a crybaby....you can work on an old bimmer...but you can't figure out a simple web forum....you're a major dis to the guys doing this

asta lueegie mr maturity

Hey man

Are you a new guy??? because it doesnt seem like you know who you are talking to. Have you seen his car. well i dont think the new way is that great either, and im not no maturity guy, im only 16,

I dont mean to be mean but dont dis John like that. He knoes his stuff and deserves a nice goodbye

Darius

sorry but his car didn't dis all the hard work here, he did and i knew exactly whom i was addressing

and sorry again but lot's guys here have cars as nice or nicer and know as much or more....

do you have an objective point you'd like to make now? and i'm not a guy...i'm a girl & have been around more than a year now...just not as active until i saw all the bitchfits the boys are tossing about the forum changes

good bye john, have a great life dude....and love that bumper

how's that?

I love it when people reply to "get with the times."

News flash - WE'RE DRIVING 30-YEAR-OLD CARS YOU KNUCKLEHEADS! "Get with the times"!

One of humanity's niggling problems seems to be the desire to fix something that works just fine in the first place. John, you're an asset to this community and anyone who says or thinks otherwise is (where's attenuata when you need him?) a total clownie! Hopefully the changes implemented here in the last couple of days convince you to stick around. I'm getting used to this style of message board by way of the MINI world, but the old FAQ was alright by me. If you find it not to your liking, well then we'll see you @ Carlisle and maybe more frequently.

Marty

too many fish, not enough time

John, I would hate to see you go. You are a great asset to this '02 community.

I don't care too much for the new format, but we have to remember one VERY important thing here...this site is free and free of advertising. Rob and Steve and others put a TON of their own time into this site, and if a big reason for the change is to make maintenance easier on them, then I will support them in it, even if I don't care for it too much.

Besides, where else can you find so many '02 owners in one place (and not risk getting banned if you say the wrong thing)??

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive

John: please don't leave yet. Like all new things, it takes time to optimize and improve technology. I know a lot of people with a wealth of information only lurk here. I would hate to lose another person that continues to offersuch a significant, valuable amount of advice and information.

To the folks saying goodbye and their abusers:

One of the core values of this list is the "open" discussion and opinion sharing that was restricted on Roadfly.

please don't fan flames. . .

...and those that used their flame throwers -- think twice about the value of your message. Does your note add value?

I am not a fan of the new format. But, I enjoy this forum too much to abandon it this early.

I suggest a little patience.

My take is that you are leaving by default, I too tried it at home (satellite) and in half hour I could get nowhere, I could only imagine with dial up!

I am all for progress and while not computer savvy I like to tinker with new things, especially if they work and make life easier... on the present form this board is neither. I am hopeful that thing will reach equilibrium some day and that I won't even have to type to communicate here. Somebody says that progress is measured by the number of elementary operations one no longer have to think about it, eg: abaccus vs calculator.

I try to think the reasons why I spend time here:

Information, entertaiment and people. It really has nothing to do with how creatively I can present or communicate, yes speed is a requirement. Maybe this format is ahead of itself...

The question really is: what have we gained?

One time NASA spent a million dollars to develop a pen for use in space that did not depend of gravity, the Japanese laughed, they showed them a pencil!

FAQ Member # 91

Guest Anonymous

I am a 55 year old on a 56k and this works for me. I am hardly a computer geek. I type with 2 fingers and can live with the changes. In fact, I like them. Thanks for all the hard work. John, give it a chance. Old farts rule! At least that's what it says on my cone trophy my wife gave me.

sorry to change the subject here but....

I too tried it at home (satellite) I could only imagine with dial up!

while not computer savvy

i use satellite too...direcway....it's my only "broadband" option here, in the country...it can be slow at times due to the proxy locking down....sometimes disableing the proxy will make things a lot faster...other times not

and as far as dial up, unless there are a lot of images, etc, it will actually load web pages faster than the satellite does

you might give it a try or do you use one the other satellite providers?

Guest Anonymous

Took some time to get used to the separate headings vs. stream-of-consciousness posts, but I've become accustomed to it, after a trial period.

Sorry about the speed issue - I'm still dialup!

• 9 months later...