• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone want an engine worthy of rebuilding? .....Baltimore,

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have the original engine(or at least the one that was in the car when I bought it from the PO) that I am looking to get rid of since I am doing an S14 transplant into my '72. It is already pulled from the car and sitting on my garage floor. I don't know the mileage off the top of my head(since i'm not at home...i'll post the mileage later) but when I pulled it, the engine did run...although a little rough(probably from sitting for 11 years before I bought it). Unfortunately, I did not think to do a compression test before I pulled the engine so the compression of the engine is unknown at this time. Cosmetically, the engine needs a lot of work....most of the aluminum looks oxidized externally, and the outside of the block looks rather rusty, but I think this would make for a good candidate for a rebuild. If I wasn't swapping to a S14, I'd definitely use and rebuild this one myself.

I'm asing for $150 plus any shipping charges, etc. I just need to get it out of the garage to make room for the new engine. Please email me directly for pics and more info if interested. Thanks.

Oh, BTW...I'm just a bit north of Baltimore, MD.

Alvin Caragay

BMWCCA# 156055

'72 BMW 2002

'97 Toyota Tacoma

'90 Yamaha FZR400