• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Report and pictures from Quien Sabe Rd. drive today

dubois

Hosting provided by FotoTime

First thanks to you all who attended, it was a blast!

The weather was perfect. The roads were empty and the scenery stunning! We couldn't ask for a better day. We got to see Davin's awesome M20 in action, most anticipated, a big difference a year makes! Although I think this time, he blew his brakes (probably from trying to avoid running into the car in front of him), but that's another story...

The funny thing is that I actually had to cajole people to leave, the couple stops we made, we just wanted to hang out. One was a beautiful empty valley, where the only sound was of nothingness, and the other was the tuscan landscape around Pietra Santa Winery. But once in the cars, the driving was intense!

I am already looking forward to next year, will spend some time exploring other roads nearby, but our Hollister Nurburgring (Quien Sabe Rd) is really a jewel, I just can't deprive people of that treat...

Here is the link to the rest of the pictures

http://fototime.com/inv/F8BFCF25DECBCBC

FAQ Member # 91

Picturesupto9-16-05050.jpg

And a BIG THANK YOU to our host!

We had a great time. It was nice to put more names to faces. Got to meet Dieter, SouthBay Eric, and Ashish(spelling?). We also got to see old and not so old friends.

Davin, we DID see that victory burn out when your car actually completed Quien Sabe Road under its' own power. Congrats! No one went home on the hook, as a group of 2002 owners usually have enough spare parts between themselves to build a car faster than Mobile Tradition. We were able to bail out Jan with a spare fuel line for his Alpina Touring.

Lunch was great: good food and live music! Oh yes, there were some pretty good roads, too. I ~was~ hoping that the truck driver was going to open up the gate and let us onto the dirt section.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

that was a great drive and i had fun the whole day. Right when i jumped on 101 with me in the tii and my uncle driving the white 2002, as i loked in my mirror to merge into the lane i see a bright orange car, then a Mean looking Polaris car folowing, It was jan and his cuzin in the infamous M2 and beautiful Alpina touring, Onvce we got to hollister we saw the many cars and friends. All together i think there were about 20 cars. Alot morre than all the other times. New and old people and a great M20/02.

The drive was great and i really lear soo much about driving everytime i take the drive.

there was a small pack of us that got lost but we soon got abakc with the rest of the pack at the winery. After the winery it was Dubois in baccus, Davin in his M20, my white 2002 then, me in my tii all in the front of the pack and in a matter of SECONDS both the m20 and Alpina were gone. i mean GONE. I was soo amazed that the m20 was stugling to keep up with baccus, by the time they stopped and we all caught up we saw that davin's brakes were smoking liek crazy .

It wa great at the place we ate and i ahd tons of fun.

Thannks agian micheal!

I took alot of pics but here are some of them

http://photobucket.com/albums/y231/darius_tii/?sc=1

Cya

Darius

post-277-13667560158195_thumb.jpg

72' tii Polaris

74' 2002 White

M20 swap soon Hopefully

Wow!! Beautiful pix. You must have had a blast. I would love to be out on that road with you guys. Kind of difficult to see how my car would be way out there in the first place. We midwest '02'ers need to organize a drive close to home soon. Anybody want to join me for a drive in Ohio?

Thanks for sharing the pix and stories.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

What great pictures! The boys and girls on the east coast also had a good drive yesterday through the land of Thomas Jefferson, the Blue Ridge parkway and roads in between.

I do not have pics to post, but I am sure they will show up. Wish there was a way the east and west good meet for some spirited romps.

Glad you folks get together and have a great time hanging out together.

I always stand amazed at how these little cars make friends

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

...severly overheated brakes (time for an upgrade), the little car was an absolute joy on the Hollister 'Ring this year. It makes the whole project so worthwhile to drive roads like those with such a great group of people. Thanks again to Michael for hosting a hell of a fun time. Even though I wouldn't say the M20 was struggling to keep up with Michael and Bacchus, it's a testiment to the Alpina A4 and to the 2002 Haus motor build that I did have to stay in the revs to avoid falling behind. And of course credit has to go to Michael's furious pace-setting too. Fun fun fun!

Cheers to all, I will post some of my pics this week.

Davin (who was in SF)

London, England

1968 Fiat 124 Sport Coupe

Pressin' on regardless . . .

After that drive, I am back in love with my car...

As soon as I saw that you had switched places with Matt and were right behind me I pressed a little harder, not for show, but I thought you would enjoy finding out how capable your car really is. I knew that I had no chance in hell in a long straight, but there are none on this road, so I went deep in the turns, just tapped the brakes, gassed it again to let the Quaife take me around, plus I know the road real well (big advantage). I had the best view on my rear mirror too!

The supersprint has been a huge improvement, and every little detail that I have fixed "to sell it" (right...) have paid off. Now I feel guilty that I am not driving the M3!

Change your pads with metal masters, and you probably be all right for a while. Thanks again for being part of a great day.

FAQ Member # 91

Thanks again for arranging this- you got me hooked on this yearly event!

I had a blast catching up with friends, and taking advantage of the gorgeous weather and the back roads.

C'yall again at the next event!

Aashish

1969 BMW 2002--I gotta finish this damn thing

1987 BMW 325is--S52 Monster

1975 Innocenti Mini 1001-- the most cost dense car ever!

1995 318ti

2004 BMW 330i ZHP

2004 Toyota Tacoma (gotta have something reliable!)--can't live without

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for orginizing such a great drive. The Touring drove faster this time around...felt great.

I bet that you will not sell the car now, roads like Quien Sabe will make you think twice, specially with your car.

Sorry that I had to leave, but I had promissed some friends that I would meet with them in Fremont.

PS: Thank you Steve for helping me with the Fuel Line. I owe you big time. I'll order the lines today. I'll return yours this week.

Regards

Jan

Wow that looks like a ton of fun. I would have loved to have been there, but I was out of town. Do you bay area guys every work on cars together? If so please let me know, I've got tools and some experience and a whole lot of questions/projects of my own too. I am just getting back into the 02 game with a 73.