• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Somebody's going to get screwed by mcintosh7208....

winstontj

Ebay item #4589607921 is a total sham... I tried to get some more info & go see the car but he claims: "I'm a hotel manager, now in Hawaii actually and will not be there to hand it over or something like that." He goes on to claim that the buyer/seller protection program exists to protect... yada yada, and if I give him $3800 the car will be shipped to me (even though I live less than three hours away and would want to pick it up) and unless I get something different from the photos & description then he keeps the money.

Anyway, I hope someone comes up with the cash, buys the thing & then sues him because it's not a 3-cyl motor! The car has clearly been in an accident or the seller is hiding something.... isn't there something that can be done??

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

Dan lives in New Britain, he's going to drive by the guys house, see if the car is there. We tried calling, here's his number 860-224-7446, but it has been consistently busy. Supposedly his name is Edward McIntosh and he lives at 10 Summit Rd. in New Britain, ct.

Matt McGinn

Sports Car Restoration

www.sports-car-restoration.com

1974 2002 turbo 4290909, resto project, looking for parts

89 M50'd e30

72 Alfa GT Veloce

84 M491 911

68 1600 channeled and flared project

70 2002 flared car project

Guest Anonymous

Someone should report him to e-bay, surely his following statment is against their rules.

" I WILL NOT SELL IT JUST TO ANYONE SO CONTACT ME PRIOR BIDDING. I DO NOT WANT MUCH FOR IT SO PLEASE SPEAK WITH ME BEFORE BIDDING SO I CAN CHOOSE HIS NEXT OWNER CAREFULLY."

And he said four times that it was a 3 cyl, if you're gonna try to scam someone at least get your facts right.

Here is my email exchnage with the seller...the only thing missing is my first email where I said I would like to look at the car...start from the bottom and read upwards.

IN addition, we looked up the name and address, then Dan stopped by as its on his way to school. He called and said the address is an abandoned housing project where old crows are the only inhabitants. Very creepy place he said. Also, the phone number listed to the name is always busy.

Matt

--- eedwardmc@aol.com wrote:

> Hello again,

> In order to finalize our transaction I will need to

> know your full name and your full address and I will

> make all the necessary arrangements with ebay Motors

> and they will send you the invoice for our

> transaction.

> Thank you,

>

> -----Original Message-----

> From: MATTHEW MCGINN

> To: eedwardmc@aol.com

> Sent: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 08:51:41 -0800 (PST)

> Subject: Re: Question for item #4589607921 - BMW :

> 2002

>

>

> Hey Buddy I want to come look at the car-I am not a

> buyer who is sending money. Tell me if and where I

> can look at it.

>

> TELL ME WHERE I CAN SEE THE CAR TODAY!!!!!

>

> You sound like a scammer.

>

>

>

> --- eedwardmc@aol.com wrote:

>

> > Dear Customer,

> > The car is located in New Britain, CT. It has all

> > the papers(complete) as well as the servicebook.

> > I want this transaction to be smooth enough as

> I

> > am caught in the middle of some very important

> > events and have very few time at my disposal. The

> > car is in perfect condition, no scratches, no

> > special marks, no need for additional repairs what

> > so ever. 78K miles onboard, a great car ready to

> be

> > yours. It has no accident or any engine problem.

> > The price is $3,800 including shipping costs

> > anywhere in the continental US. There are no other

> > costs regarding this transaction. Now, in order to

> > be able to buy it please let me know if you have

> any

> > negative feedback and, if this is the case, for

> what

> > reason. I apologize for asking for such

> information

> > but I need to be sure.

> > Please also provide me with the following details

> > necessary to take a decision:

> > -your full name and address for shipping

> > -your ph#

> > Regarding the payment I am aware of the buyer's

> > protection and we will use eBay Motors secure

> > payments which will hold the payment until the

> buyer

> > receives the car. To complete payment the you must

> > have cash available.

> > If I receive the requested information you will be

> > informed by eBay during the next 12-24 hours.

> > Thank you.

> > Edward McIntosh

> >

>

Matt McGinn

Sports Car Restoration

89 M50'd e30

72 Alfa GT Veloce

84 M491 911

And he said four times that it was a 3 cyl, if you're gonna try to scam someone at least get your facts right.

Perhaps it is a 3 cylinder, that it, running on three cylinders instead of four. The buyer assumes a typo, but ultimately ends up with exactly what was advertised.

What a friggin' scam.

Jason

1974 Malaga 2002 daily driver

Sorry about the length. So I've had enough bad luck lately I figured I'd attempt to share the wealth & reported him to Paypal directly on the phone and to ebay motors. I got the same response as you guys did and this is a bunch of BS. Too bad people are doing all this crap.... He wouldn't even let me pick it up if I bought it and insisted on shippment only an hour or so away. Even worse is it's a private auction so you can't contact the bidders about it.

Oh well....

Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 07:11:06 -0500

From: eedwardmc@aol.com Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

Subject: Re: 2002 for sale...

To: thomasjwinston@yahoo.com

Hi again,

I said the car is in New Britain but did not said I'm there also. Sorry for that. I'm a hotel manager, now in Hawaii actually and will not be there to hand it over or something like that.

This is why we'll work through eBay Motors Customer Department and they will keep the money until the purchase is final and you test it and accept it.

Sorry for not being clear from the beginning, my fault.

Let me explain you how the ebay process works.

The process works something like this:

1. You send the amount (in our case $3800,00) to an ebay motors representative.

2. eBay will confirm me that you have made the payment.

3. I will ship you the car so you can test drive the car.

4. If you will not get exactly the same car that you have viewed in the ad, and also a clean title you will receive all your money back from ebay motors.

5. If everything is ok ebay motors will get the approval from you to release me the founds and you will give the rest of the cash directly to me.

If you agree with this process please let me know your full name and address and I will forward the details to ebay motors.

Thanks

Edward McIntosh

-----Original Message-----

To: eedwardmc@aol.com

Sent: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 03:50:13 -0800 (PST)

I will be in CT this week and coming weekend. Is it possible to view the car? I live in Boston and would be happy to drive down for an evening and see the vehicle. Please let me know ASAP.

eedwardmc@aol.com wrote: Dear Customer,

The car is located in New Britain, CT. It has all the papers(complete) as well as the servicebook.

I want this transaction to be smooth enough as I am caught in the middle of some very important events and have very few time at my disposal. The car is in perfect condition, no scratches, no special marks, no need for additional repairs what so ever. 78K miles onboard, a great car ready to be yours. It has no accident or any engine problem.

The price is $3,800 including shipping costs anywhere in the continental US. There are no other costs regarding this transaction. Now, in order to be able to buy it please let me know if you have any negative feedback and, if this is the case, for what reason. I apologize for asking for such information but I need to be sure.

Please also provide me with the following details necessary to take a decision:

-your full name and address for shipping

-your ph#

Regarding the payment I am aware of the buyer's protection and we will use eBay Motors secure payments which will hold the payment until the buyer receives the car. To complete payment the you must have cash available.

If I receive the requested information you will be informed by eBay during the next 12-24 hours.

Thank you.

Edward McIntosh

E36 

I just reported him to eBay & PayPal so i hope they take action....

it's all we can do

Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:50:22 -0800 (PST)

From: "Thomas Winston" Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

To: eedwardmc@aol.com

I just want you to know that I reported you to ebay motors & to paypal as a scam... what you are doing isn't right and it's a shame on the BMW & 2002 community. My ebay ID is winstontj if you need any more info on me I'll be glad to give it to you. Hope your listing gets revoked!

E36 

I just want you to know that I reported you to ebay motors & to paypal as a scam... what you are doing isn't right and it's a shame on the BMW & 2002 community.

Right on. I really wish there was more we could do.

I looked up the name 'Edward McIntosh' in Connecticut and got the address listed to an Edward Lawrence McIntosh'. Googling the name gets scattered results that don't lead anywhere. Considering the derelict house that was found, the non-working number, and everything else, I'm willing to bet that the person doesn't exist. They probably pulled up the name associated with an abandoned house and simply pick up the mail when it is delivered.

Gotta love how he won't even let you see the car until you start the transaction. And isn't it great how he's explaining the 'Ebay processs' despite supposedly being a brand new seller?

Someone out there is gonna get Wenzeled.

Jason

around here,,,, but this time you guys really found a doozy!!! This is just the most obvious retarded ebay fraud i can remember!! Poor dumbass high bidder on this one!! that underhood shot says the WHOLE story!! (with bs semiliterate text description in mind)....

So check this out. I searched for the businesses located in the background of the pictures. First one I've found is O'Shea Paving Contractors, which can be seen in the second picture. The address matches the one on the sign. Connecticut? Nope, 900 miles east, in Naperville, IL.

O'Shea Paving Contractors Inc

10 S. 244 Schoger Dr. Unit A

Naperville IL 60564

630-898-6567

630-851-9065

So next I looked up body shops located on Schoger Dr. in Naperville, Illinois. Came up with:

Best of Show

10S305 Schoger Dr

Naperville, IL 60564-5911

Phone: (630) 978-0300

and,

Dent Pro

10s274 Schoger Dr

Naperville, IL 60564

Phone: (630) 236-1100

Now guess who lives 30 miles away in New Lenox? Bingo.

Edward McIntosh

928 Somerset St

New Lenox, IL 60451-2051

(815) 462-9823

And lookie what was parked out front at one time:

mcintosh.jpg

Well, I've done my part. Need to get off my butt and head to Scottie Sharpe's place to pick up a few things.[/img]

Jason

in the ad, and Its in Naperville, Il, not New Britain CT-so that tells you where it at least WAS at some point. Like I said, he went to the address listed in the white pages (online) under the name and there was nothing but crows

Matt McGinn

Sports Car Restoration

89 M50'd e30

72 Alfa GT Veloce

84 M491 911

with a swiss cheese muffler!

nevermind the rest of the obvious issues. if his is an excellent rating, my 02 should be worth about a $100grand.

i just wonder if he nicked these photos off of somewhere else and is posting them as his own and waiting for cash. although the VIN is correct for a '76 auto i think. my parts car auto was a '76 with 239xxxx

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)