• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drilling for belt line trim???

BLUNT

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this as I am in the same situation with current welded up holes? Does it matter if each hole is just a little off left to right? Do I need these exact measurements firbit to work?dont really want to drill welds. Does the trim slide on the clips? I have literally never held a piece of beltline so not sure. Fixing decisions made way before my ownership !

Thanks!

On 5/4/2020 at 9:10 PM, Highnote1 said:

Does the trim slide on the clips?

Yes, the plastic clips slide on the back side of the trim, so they could be next to the welded holes. The metal clips should be in the original location, I am not sure you can thread the nut otherwise. 

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit * 06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd * 73 Mustang Convertible 351C * 11 Aston Martin Rapide V12 * 15 VW Touareg * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg