• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looks like 02in' is on hold here in Dayton for now...

Mike Self

it's snowing pretty merrily; not quite sticking on roads yet (but on bridges) so the salt trucks are out in full force! Just a dusting so far and I saw two accidents on overpasses...people around here do brain dumps on how to drive in winter each summer...never ceases to amaze me!

So Wolfgang and Ludwig are parked for now--just as good, both have "issues."

Happy Thanksgiving to all...and see some of you Bay Area folks next week...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

People here do that too. Always amazing when the first big rain of the year, people are driving 65mph over highway 17. It is always good for a handfull of road closures.

By the way, did we ever decide on a Saturday event? How about a Friday lunch too, maybe further north to pick up some of the Palo Alto, SF, Oakland folks.

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive

Other than one evening (prob Thurs) I'm out there with a clear calendar and plenty of time to drive that Mini all over the place--for seat time in the car and to get some good pictures for the article. I would love to meet up with as many of the '02 folks out there as I can. I specifically chose to be there over a weekend so we can have a Saturday getogether/drive for the folks who work during the week.

I'm thinking about a slant for the article comparing the Dinan Mini concept with the 2002 Turbo--an outrageous version of an already good car...is it good for the street, daily driving etc etc.

e-mail me and lets set some things up. And I'd like to see Mike Dubois' shop out in Hollister too if he's gonna be around.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Mike,

I took the battery out of my '69 2000 a bit earlier today, brought it down to the basement and put it on a wood shelf. I took a half day and after I got home from work, I decided to take the battery out and leave her in the garage until spring. We had 3 inches of snow last night and salt was put down on some roads, some areas outside of Rochester received a bit more. It sounds like possibly 2-3 more inches overnight and then a getting a bit milder, 30's to about 40 by Sunday but I figure it's December in a few days and it's time to just leave her in until next spring. I think the latest I drove one of my 2002's until garaging for the winter was about 6 years ago, I took the last drive in the '76 2002 I had back then around mid December. Next spring, I'll finally have the new tie rod assemblies, center track rod, front end bushings, and new oem rubber brake hoses all around put in. I've had those parts for over a year now.

Tim

'69 2000

Looking forward to the visit Mike.

If you are missing the snow while here, just take a side trip up to the Sierras.

If you come out West, you have to do the "Hollistering".

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes