• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re: Mike Self's visit to the Bay Area...

bergie33

We need to set something up in stone for Saturday morning (and possibly Friday for lunch too).

I suggest meeting in Los Gatos at 8:30am. We could meet either at the place where Mike is staying (chime in Mike if that is OK) or another location easy to find.

We could drive up Highway 9 to a photo op location near the summit, then down Highway 9 past Boulder Creek into Brookdale for breakfast at the Brookdale Lodge.

Let me know what you guys think and who would make it.

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive

I wish you & Mike all the best, but I am envious of his trip out there. I'd love to stow away in the Mini, but my job, my wife, & my 3 kids will keep me right here in the Dayton area. Your job then is to have loads of fun and put some text and photos on the FAQboard about his visit to Calif. Deal?

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

...assuming I can get the current gremlin taken care of. The car has been randomly dropping into a barely-running state lately, and it looks like about that last thing left to replace is the ECU. If she runs reliably by Saturday, I'm in for sure. Cheers!

Davin (who was in SF)

London, England

1968 Fiat 124 Sport Coupe

Pressin' on regardless . . .

staying with friends in L.G. and am not too familiar with the area. Just name a place and time, and I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting everyone in person. Should be a fun day. And since I'll be there Thurs and Friday with time on my hands and a Mini to drive, if anyone wants to get together on either day, lemme know via e-mail.

Cheers and thanks for the warm welcome.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Corner of N. Santa Cruz Ave and Highway 9 in Los Gatos. Address is 400 N. Santa Cruz Ave, Los Gatos 95030.

Let's plan on meeting between 8:45 and 9:00am so we can leave at 9am or so.

My cell phone number is (408) 313-9993 if anyone is running late or having trouble finding the place.

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive

Mike,

Let me know and I'll set up a visit at Double 02 Salvage.

Could be dangerous.

I stop by to say hello, and end up $200 poorer.

Anything else you are interested in?

Where and what do YOU want to do?

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

may decide to pass if it's pouring Saturday am - not sure I want to subject the '69 to 150 miles each way in bay area traffic if it's really wet. Weather Channel is predicting decent weather for the weekend (partly cloudy & 10% chance of rain, so far at least) - fingers crossed.

Anybody else from Sacramento planning to head down?

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)