• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My '69 2000 is on german '02 website...

Timmer

Tim, I have only seen 2 in my lifetime. Did your family own one years ago? I am also 46 yrs. old and they are super-rare in Ohio. Karl Hendrickson in nearby Yellow Springs,OH has an 1800 that he is working on, but it's not roadworthy yet. I'd love to check one out sometime. Best wishes with your 2000. JIM

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Congrats, Tim! They have some nice pictures on that site. Looking at NKs always gets me lusting for a TISA...

Jim, saying that I am actually 'working on' my 1800TI would be overly generous.

ti_engine_sm.jpg

One of these days I'll get back to it... (maybe when the kids are grown and out of the house!)

Karl

Listen. Think. Share. Act. Repeat.

Jim,

The only German autos mom/pop had were a 1972 VW bus, bought new in'72 and dad had a Ford Capri in the mid '70's, I used to love riding in that car. I used to watch my dad tune it up (using a timing light, etc..) He also had a VW Quantum in the middle 1980's, Audi 5 cylinder engine I believe. I did some painting for a guy about 20 years ago, german fellow, Guenter is his name and he ran a german car company, went to Germany a few times a year and at the time I had an Atlantik blue '74 2002. He told me if I was interested he could get me a very nice 2002 or even a 2000. I actually saw an Atlantik blue 2000 here in Rochester, must have been 1985/1986 or so, it was an automatic and was at a shop where 2002's were worked on by a guy I met after I got out of the Navy, in 1984., I bought a couple of 2002's from his place. This guy had a beautiful Tundra green 2800cs and a red E-12, just finished repainting the E-12. I don't know where he got the 2000 from though, had a beautiful interior.

Tim

'69 2000