• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Christmas has come early this year (pics)

Zundfolge1342

Hey I'm in Dalas this week. I'll be free Friday night after 7:30 Would be cool to meet another faqer and see your new o2. I'm in Irving till Saturday.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

VERY nice, clean looking 02. wish i had those 'blue-plates' to install on my early 71 02. some scoundrel stole the back one off the car last year....

can't transfer plates in california, though

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Congrats. Is it a 75 or a 76? I presume 76 since they are a relative bargain in Calif. right now. You have a clone of my 75. Only diff. on the surface is mine has 320i turbines on it. The Sahara paintjob will grow on you - it does not show the dirt, that's for sure. Mine should be going in for restuffing of the upholstery this winter and to have the headrests put back into place with new skins on them. Off to the V. in the V. in May. Good luck w/your Sahara toy.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

The red truck played windbreaker all the way from Cali, it was another car bound for TX from Cali (yet another reason why trucks can be handy). Its a 76 w/ exellent documentation from new. It needs door stops, and the driver side door has a crease (seems like it would be a common San Fransico problem with the hills and everything) but I was happy to discover they where not broken at the hinge, but inside the doors. Sahara was not my first choice in colors, but it has already grown on me and I think I really like it, it really is a pretty color in person. Sometime soon it will go through a careful de-smogging, as all the stuff isn't a neccesity here in Texas. I remember several months ago, first hearing about the rolling exemption in California, I thought wow what a great time to get a 76. So some where in my subconscious I made a point to look, and when you look you find!

I couldn't resist taking her out for a spin last night, and she runs great! It was alot of fun.

John, I'd be happy to meet you if your in town

fell free to phone (940-368-6013) Friday should be good for me.

1. Do your de-smog carefully, & clean and store everything that comes off - never know when the smog worm might turn and come after more states than just CA. Even if it never has to be smogged, sooner or later you can make a killing selling the smog stuff to somebody who HAS to have it to keep their car legal here.

2. If possible, keep the blue plates and a color copy of the CA pink slip when you transfer title and registration (tell the DMV the plates were lost or stolen in transit) - the blue plates & matching title are irrefutable proof that the car spent its first 30 years in CA, and may contribute significantly to its "provenance" at some point.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)