• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coming to California in January....

AlCanuck

Hey Guys,

I've got a California trip planned for the second week of 2006. Flying down to Santa Barbara with friend, and fellow FAQer, Twest. He recently sold his 74tii, and is replacing it with this beauty:

aay.sized.jpg

He and I will be flying in, and drivining it home to Vancouver. Flight is not yet booked, and trip is not 100% planned yet, but we will likely be flying in on the 6th, and home by the 10th. We're stopping to see Trevor's inlaws in San Diego, and we're also planing to swing through Sacramento.

Anyway, we'd LOVE to have some sort of brunch, lunch, or beers with some of my Bay Area friends, so hopefully this will be enough time to plan it. Anyone interested? Probably not a driving event, as we've got 2000 miles of that to do, but a little meeting would be very cool.

Let me know guys.

Al

67 1600

77 630csi

81 323i

68 VW Bug

06 Volvo V50

... a Jan. 7 Saturday brunch in Bay area or lunch in Sacramento would work. I think we will be spending the Friday night in San Jose with my brother-in-law.

Still have to work out the timing of the trip... And hopefully the e28 takes good care of us.

Trevor

Dono if you planned on doing 101 all the way home, but if you get onto 101 up the Southern Oregon coast let me know!

If the weather is good I'd consider it. The drive through the redwoods (take the old redwood highway) and 101 through up to Oregon is a twisty twisty ride. I did that run to San Fran a while back in my tii .. it was a freaking blast.

Not too many tourists this time of year

then if you go through bandon up the river to Coquille and then to Roseburg (and I5) via highway 42 those are some great roads. Highway 42 is one of the best 02ing roads i've ever seen.

Dang now I want to go to roseburg just for the driving!

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, I'd be up for that.

You ~should~ rent a trailer and load it up with all the seats that us Bay Area folks want you to recover for us. That way, we could swing by to pick them up when we drive up to Alberta in the summer.

Think about it.

Otherwise the BayArea contingent is still considering that abduction on your next visit.