• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sacramento breakfast/brunch/lunch next Saturday?

AlCanuck

Hey Guys,

Our trip is all planned out now, and we'll be heading through Sacramento on Saturday, January 7th. I know there was some talk about a breakfast of some sort, so should we try and get something solidifed? It will be me, and Trevor driving through in his new E28.

Al

67 1600

77 630csi

81 323i

68 VW Bug

06 Volvo V50

Alright guys, here it is. We're flying in Santa Barbara on Friday afternoon. Picking up the car, and then going to visit with Trevor's in-laws up in San Jose. We're going to spend the night there, and then leave for Sacramento in the morning. Mapquest tells me it's a 2 hour drive. Sound about right?

David, that may work, but I'm not terribly keen on bringing my sharp upholstery tools on the plane with me! We'll see how it goes down. I'd love to see you, and your car though.

Al

67 1600

77 630csi

81 323i

68 VW Bug

06 Volvo V50

Just another note, guys.

We're planning to hang out in San Jose on Friday night. Probably dinner, drinks, whatever. Perhaps if anyone in the area wants to get together for that instead, lemme know.

Al

67 1600

77 630csi

81 323i

68 VW Bug

06 Volvo V50

be about right - might want to figure 2.5 hours to be on the safe side. I'm in for breakfast on Saturday (barring the occurance of any of the major life disruptions we've talked about previously) - assume you're heading east on I-80 then north on I-5?

We ought to be able to find a place that won't take you far off your route......

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

Let me know if you need some transportation from the Santa Barbara Airport on friday afternoon.

Have a safe trip,

Steve in SB aka InkaSteve

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

2 hours from San Jose to Sac is about right on a Saturday AM. It takes us about 1.5 hours from Dublin to Sac. Holiday weekends can add another hour or two, which is when I opt for the River Road. If I'm going to be in the car for two and a half hours it's going to be twisty, two lane roads.

Where in San Jose are you going to be?

Where shall we meet?

Saturday AM is an option as well. Mother-in-law coming to visit, I will need to get out for a while, although getting up 'that' early on a Saturday is not for me.

I'll be going by Double 02 Salvage tomorrow afternoon. Any parts you want transported?

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Hey Guys,

I think we're going to try and be on the road toward Sacramento by 10am, or earlier. We're planning to have a bit of fun in SJ the night before, so we may not be too bright eyed and bushy tailed. That should put us in Sacto around noon, so I guess a lunch or brunch is more appropriate. Hopefully that works for everyone. If you guys know of a place to meet, lemme hear it. I've got a similar note on the E28 board, so some of those a/c using, power window operating, easy cold starting, great heating new BMW snobs might join us as well. Funny that neither Trevor, nor I still own an 02, but we both own E28's, and we're planning a meeting with all you crazy 02 madmen. Once an 02er, always an 02er!

Al

67 1600

77 630csi

81 323i

68 VW Bug

06 Volvo V50

Let me know if you need some transportation from the Santa Barbara Airport on friday afternoon.

Have a safe trip,

Steve in SB aka InkaSteve

I "think" Ryan is picking us up, but I emailed Trevor to verify. If not, I'll surely let you know.

Al

67 1600

77 630csi

81 323i

68 VW Bug

06 Volvo V50