• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building the faux Alpina A4 2002 touring

Although I am still married to my first and only wife, I am the kinda guy who likes to learn from do something once and then do again, a second time, to get it right. So, I built a 2002 Alpina A4 clone from a Sahara 73tii:

tii.jpg

Here's a peak at the engine bay of the Sahara tii:

moreoilcooler.jpg

So, I sold that car and am now building a 2002 touring with as much Alpina who-haas as I can find.

Here's the touring on the dock in The Neatherlands, before it's long journey to the states:

inkaatthedock.jpg

Here's the touring at the 2004 Bay Area 02 Swap and Show (with the kids):

27.jpg

Here's the touring resting at home with it's best friend, the Golf CSL:

18f1e9cc.jpg

I'll post later with my intentions/anticipated spec sheet. But, in terms of body/paint, the only thing I might do is put on Alpina flairs -- the type that dapbmw makes out of fiberglass. No deko stripes or paint other than standard Inka.

• 7 months later...

You want 15" Alpina rims? Get in line :-P

There are a fair few sets around for E21's but not many around to suit the 2002's offset. Alpina stopped making them a few years ago. Maybe if there is enough interest from a few of us to remake them, they will consider producing Alpina staggered rims for the 2002 again...

Todd

toddsig05.jpg